1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaipur to Pune

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Cubbie, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

I have planned for a road trip between Jaipur to Pune - Need help
    1. Road Condition (between Udaipr to Ahemdabad)
    2. What to avoid - Any particlar junctions etc including eatery's on highway
    3. Where to stay in Ahemdabad, 1 night stay budget 2k to 3k will like to avoid city and stay outskirts so that I dont get lost in early hours when i start driving to Pune
    Good Gujrathi thali food for dinner (I luv the cusine & variety)
    4. Entering Maharastra, which road to take to avoid entering Mumbai and take a bypass kind to reach Pune highway (NH4)

I will add other inputs & details few hours (Hv to go out for some home work);)

2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Folks, not a single suggestion yet... Need your help desperately.

Road Conditions
    What road to Avoid
    What are the must check and must do..
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Hey Harsih,

Here's what I suggest!

1. Once you cross second toll after jaipur (at Kishangad) take the immediate Left towards Bhilwada - NH79 (don't take route for Ajmer). See the map below
    2. Road condition from Udaipur to Ahemdabad is brilliant, that's where I love to drive most on my GP.
    3. There are many Motels available just before Gandhinagar, I prefer to stay there. That avoids entering into city.
    4. Once you cross Gandhinagar, Try to locate Sardar Patel Ring Road that will directly bring you on NH1 and will avoid heavy traffic on Ahemdabad Road.
    5. And once you are on NH 1, you'll again fall in love with your car ;).

Once you enter Mumbai follow the route, Click HERE to see the direction

Must Check up.

Do a regular check up at service center. All oil level should be up to level, break pad condition. Make sure your clutch is working fine. Not to forget make sure spare tire is in fine condition. If you have GPS..its perfect, or else take a road map.

I have Mailed you my number. Feel free to call my ANYTIME (not just if it's necessary). And let me know if you have some more questions.

All the best!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Many Thanks Grandeur,

I just got my 3000 kms service done (had driven 2700 kms) & fluids are upto the mark
    Got the balancing and alingment done from outside the TASS to ensure i dont get wobbly steering between 70-90kmph speeds
    Not sure if the air intake / filter needs cleaning?

Fuel filled up to brim, Air checked in 2 places including spare wheel
    Have additional tool kit apart from standard one with various spanner set, tow ring and cutting plier
    Have to source one torch

One thermo flask to hold hot coffee or decoction to keep me going :)

I intend to take the Bhilwara, Chittorghar & Udaipur route to reach Ahmedabad.
    Take a break in one of hotels... trying some jugaad to get some bookings done via a friend of mine..
    If not then any 1st hotel that is good will be my halting place..

Any idea where I can get to eat some good Gujrathi Food? Veg Thali types in Ahemdabad city?

2nd day, Ahm to Pune intend to reach Pune before dark, hence will start driving 4.30am or 5.00am latest.

I will publish the detailed log upon my return to Jaipur.

5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Try Landmark Hotel, Himatnagar, on NH 8 located on the RHS just 80 km before Ahmedabad. I had seen it from the outside, didn't stay there. For details, see here:
    Godhan Thal is supposed to be a good restaurant to taste authentic Gujarati cuisine. Here also, I missed it by a day. When we went there for our night dinner, it was closed on a weekly holiday! For more details, see here:
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

There are so many. In order of priority - Gordhan Thal, Pakwan, Kansaar, Saasuji etc etc etc

You'll love driving on Gujarat Roads & you'll love Ahmedabad. If you stay overnight, try to go to Ratanpole/ Manek Chowk at night. If you like junk food like Paanipuri, chaat and lots of such stuff, you'll love this place.
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Will surely explore..i faintly remember college road used to be a hangout place in the night...
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

It's called Law Garden near Law Collage (GLS-Gujarat Law Society). That is another place where eateries used to remain open till 2 or 3 a.m. But specialty of Law Garden is Pav Bhaji & Sandwiches. Sometime back if I remember right, those eateries were removed, then it again started with time limits, don't know if again they've now come back to late night timings 2-3-4 a.m. types.
    Whereas Manekchowk is like khaudhara galli. And it remains open for the whole night.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Reached Pune Sound and Safe.. Had a chat with Sandeep(Grandeur), Amogh, Amit (Italia_Linea) & met up with Kedar in Pune.
    Now, planning for TFI Pune meet on 23rd during Annual Checkup camp at Pandit Auto

Then to reach Goa on 24-Apr and back to Pune on 27-Apr.

Current Milage : 15.6kmpl Jaipur to Ahmedabad
    14.9 Overall till Pune the A'bad to Vadodra was fantastic, achieved speed of 160+ kmph for some 3-4 minutes and got back to comfortable 140kmph and was able to cover the distance in approx an hour.... what a drive... the expresway was looking like a run way and here is the snap shot... Detailed logs will come in soon :redcar

10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

guys i lost the back wiper in Pune....or somone stole it?
    It didnt fall for sure as you can see the pic which i clicked near virar maharastra.. wiper was still intact....

I am hoping to get this replaced today as I am planning to do a trip to Goa and back to Jaipur and may need it at times... how to ensure that it doesnt happen again? any quick fix method pls?