1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaika Cars, Nagpur

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by sun4ray, Jan 15, 2015.

1. sun4ray

sun4ray Timido

Nagpur
    Dear Friends,
    My Punto EVO Emotion is just 4 months old. On 4 Jan 2015, it was hit by a truck, a cement mixer tanker, causing damage to right rear door. I had just crossed the speed breaker and my speed was hardly 20 km per hour. It was four lane road and a tanker on my right suddenly turned left as it was stopped by someone known to the truck driver, who was standing on the roadside border on left. The door was hit and the glass was broken. Fortunately, my wife and daughter were sitting on the opposite side. My son was on front passenger seat. Nobody in the car was hurt. The door sustained the trauma but door handle was totally crushed. There was no point in fighting with the truck driver. I called the Police on spot and registered FIR.
    The car was taken to FASS in Nagpur. Jayka Car service personnel were quick to attend. They assured me that the damage is not that serious and is totally repairable. The Insurance related procedures were completed and the door was replaced. Some painting and dent repair around the door was also required and was done satisfactorily. It took around a week to get the vehicle back but its okay as I was in no hurry. The beauty is almost preserved but the scar on my myocardium will take time to heal!

IMG_20150104_103514430.jpg

IMG_20150115_175838131.jpg
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Sad to see the beauty spoiled by idiot truck driver. But good to see it back in action. Plus point is that you & family are safe.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Very nice work done. Its as good as new now. Which service station did u get it done?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2015 ---
    Very nice work done. Its as good as new now. Which service station did u get it done? How much did they charge u for this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sun4ray

Firstly glad to know that the occupants were safe. Secondly glad to know that the FASS did a good job in restoring the Evo back to its glory. Mind sharing the cost involved in replacing the door and the repair charges. I am sure you must have left the bad memories behind and continued enjoying the Evo.

Whats with truck driver's affinity to Fiat's eh?? Recently TFIian @mangeshtendulkar too reported of being hit by a truck.
    rishike007 likes this.
  5. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Good to know everyone is safe. The black sticker beside the window glass is missing. Doesn't it come along with the door itself? FASS might leave this as one minute thing - but get it done somehow.
    rishike007 likes this.
  6. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Nice catch @vayfiat, do you work in QC (Quality Control) ;), juz kidding...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2015 ---
    Yea @ghodlur seems like Truck drivers don't believe in "Built like Tank" attribute of FIAT cars hence wanna test it for themselves ;)
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    :D It is our baby right? I'm actually irritated by FASS on these aspects - they will always deliver back (after service/repair) the vehicle with some or the other small damages. This is common with any brand though.
    rishike007 likes this.
  8. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too had got my left doors painted as an idiotic lady driver had crashed into my parked car while she was reversing. Now both the doors color look different from the rest of the body. They have a yellowish tinch. I too had got it done from FASS. This is when my car was 6 months old.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can still complain about the paint mismatch. The FASC in western suburbs boasts a lot about quality and water based paint and what not! One Fiat official visits regularly these supposed Grade A rated Fiat workshops to address these issues.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  10. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I paid Rs. 15000 for denting and painting job. Its really frustrating to see the paint mismatch. Unable to find a solution for it.