1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

It's Shashank

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shashanknathani, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    That is from my creativity.. I had an aftermarket armrest in my car which was the worst part of my car, many attempts of FeviKwik to make it look like armrest and failed... I took out the black rexine from that one and fitted it to the Linea one... just a DIY....

AC Vent is just a dummy and to make it work i have to spend 8500 in India or procure the parts from UK at a cheaper price... As of now not interested in making it working :)
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Cool :)
    You know what, you can place a 12v PC fan inside that and connect the wire to AC/Fan power line, as soon as ac/fan gets on the fan on rear vent will get on too :D and you would have something in working condition :) and would not cost even 100rs
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    What an idea sirjee... Off to it... will get the PC fan from some computer shop and give a try.... :wow
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shashank fitting the Armrest was the DIY or it was done from the service center? BTW it looks awsome. How much is the length of that armrest.
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    It was a DIY stuff but i preferred the SC as i dont wanted o take risk... paid 150 for the fitment... Length wise this is placed exactly how it is in linea... The linea armrest has a lever with which one can adjust the alignment of the armrest...it allows three modes...
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Put this into "Did you know series..." with pics if possible. I didnt knew that armrest has adjustment modes too :confused
  7. Looks pretty neat & clean.
    I too may get 1 fitted in.

Does the arm rest open with cup holders inside it???
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

@probiker: Armrest with cup holder ? ::OO ::OO
    The one that comes with linea can hold few documents or a small spray bottle, but for sure no cups..

Armrest with cup holder...could be good idea ..to sip around tea/coffee while driving the car and relaxing the hands on armrest :D Provided one is not required to change gears
  9. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

Hyderabad
    Shashank, Congratulation armrest looks cool, you mentioned air vent is costly part amount these, can you please list the parts and their price.
  10. shashanknathani

Pune
    Actually FIAT has increased the prices of spares a bit starting from 2011..... I got all the parts of 2010 lot apart from bracket..

Bracket : 715
    ArmRest : 560
    Ornament : 389
    Air Vent : 1080

I am not sure of the prices with 2011 make though....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.