1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Its Grand, its Sporty, its 90HP - its a Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by girish.kn, Mar 6, 2013.

1. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

Thanks

I have too got it fiat fitted but I dont have display

Will have to check with dealer , will update u
    1 person likes this.
  2. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    512Kms in 2.5days! Longest trip yet driven by me and the first long trip in my punto! Enjoyed every bit of this drive to Dharmasthala temple with parents. Major part of the roads travelled were curvy and zigzags, but due to road stability of punto, I could easily cruise though without reducing speed much or changing gears often, due to which I could save important travel time :). Parents are very happy with the journey experience and are all praise for my punto :)

Trip.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Girish could you please upload the pix as I have been to Dharmasthala in Oct 2007. Its a long time when I was in Bangalore. That time the road condition was pathetic. :)
    Puntos are the best riders of the curvy roads everywhere.
    So enjoy the ride :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    What fuel Efficiency did you get ??
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Girish, congrats for your long drive. Yes, few pics would do more justice :up

Btw, hows the ghat road condition now? This is the main reason, I always avoid driving to Mangalore or Udupi from Bangalore.
    1 person likes this.
  6. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    For the first ever mileage calculation I did on highway from Udupi to kasaragod, I got 23Kmpl FE! :) For the next one for entire trip, it is ~15Kmpl. Calculated based on full tank to full tank. Dont remember the value of FE shown in punto. Very happy to get this FE. I read it will improve after service :)
  7. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    I haven't travelled recently in ghat section, but my friend told its better now.
  8. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Blessings of Lord Ganesha
    DSC_0004.jpg

In front of Dharmasthala manjunatheshwara temple..

Parents
    IMG_8665.JPG

IMG_8670.JPG

IMG_8675.JPG

on the move..
    IMG_8682.JPG

Far from crowd..
    IMG_8686.JPG

Truly Grand
    IMG_8691.JPG

Top view
    IMG_8719.JPG

Southedka temple around 20kms from dharmasthala
    DSC_0045.jpg
    4 people like this.
  9. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Completed 1000Km one week back.. now odo reads 1430! enjoying the driving joy and comfort throughout the journey. I could achieve very good mileage of 23, 15, 18, 17 kmpl calculated for each fulltank-to-fulltank reading.

DSC_0056.jpg
    4 people like this.
  10. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    So many busy days, couldn't update here!!
    Its now 2 months I've owned my punto and it has crossed 3500 Kms odo reading (thanks to 300Kms weekend trips to native almost every week) with so many amusing moments and couple of not-so-amusing moments:
    1. One fine day warning light (near fuel gauge) started glowing always. I had no clue, but later saw the details displayed in the MID saying "Check number plate light", one of the 2 number plate bulbs in back had gone bad. Had the first visit to a fiat service (new one opened in mangalore recently by Hanuman motors) and they had replaced the bulb with new one for Rs.25.
    2. On my return from native today morning, after about 50Kms journey, felt some sound on pot-holes and when stopped the vehicles, found the front left tyre completely flat! It was near to (~20Kms) from Mangalore city and immediately reached for RSA manual and booked for service. Except from the point that they told it will take 45mins for the guy to come (though it was less than 30mins distance), I felt RSA was prompt and good enough. The serviceman reached in about 50mins (good enough!) and finished the Stepney replacement work in 10mins. I liked the call back from RSA representative for confirmation, which was when the tyre was just replaced. When asked with RSA as to if repair done in Fiat service, it was told its not done there, but can be done anywhere else. So I started driving with the spare R14 tyre till mangalore and got the puncture fixed at modern looking shop in mangalore for Rs.150. At teh shop, the tyre was removed from alloy rim using the appliance they had. Then he checked for the problem by submerging tyre in water, and found a hole created by nail or so. He fixed this and when complete I could see a patched sticker like area inside tyre and a rubber like small piece from outside. Got the stepney tyre replaced with the punctured tyre. I had to drive about 70Kms from mangalore to my place Udupi. After this, could only drive steady speed for rest of 70Kms to my destination Udupi!
    Till this incidence, I was ignoring all the tips provided in this forum about tips before a long trip, mainly because of (over)confidence of owning a new vehicle. I guess from now on, will need to start reading those and implement as well!