1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Its Grand, its Sporty, its 90HP - its a Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by girish.kn, Mar 6, 2013.

1. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    From being Fiat Enthusiast for some time, I'm happy to be a Fiat Punto owner. After a lot of pre-delivery questions, research, confusions, brainstorming talks with dealer and bank for days, finally I'm relieved a lot and proud to end up here in my own Ownership thread.

Long before I planned to buy a car, I was attracted to by the looks of Punto, and hence when the time came to plan for the dream car, the front runner was punto. Starting from fiat-india.com and Google, the search went on different and different forums, comparisons, youtube videos, expert reviews and many more. Initially the searches were to find any better alternative to punto, but later it turned out at discovering more reasons to remove the competitors. First TD of punto was enough for me to go ahead and book the vehicle without even thinking of any other.

I got the delivery of my dream vehicle on 02-03-2013 from Kannur showroom. Though I was confirmed of delivery (with all accessories fitted) before 11am, I could take a look of my vehicle only after 1pm claiming reverse sensor was only available that day morning for fitting! Did complete PDI of vehicle, thanks to the PDI check-list given in TFI, that was extremely useful. I would recommend everyone to take a printout and do the PDI compulsorily before delivery. In my case, while doing the road test as per pdi, found a small vibration sound being heard below the steering column in bad roads, though it was some issue with loosened part these, got it immediately rectified. Everything else in PDI was verified to be fine. Though was expecting some freebies, didn't get anything other than a cheap cigarette lighter charger additional to a tissue box, cleaning shampoo and a kvr key chain, not fiat :-(, and fuel tank filled with mere 5Ltrs of diesel.

After PDI, Got the vehicle in hand at 2pm. Since my home is 120km far from showroom, I had nice time driving the car for so long on same day which was a nice amusing experience.
    Everyone at home and relatives are all saying very good words about the beauty. Now I have brought the car to my office in Udupi Karnataka and my car is the main point of attraction for everyone here. Im very happy to hear question from some known and unknown friends "is that white new car yours? its looking very nice", some of them are bowled over by the top end features in the car including blue&me, follow me home, climate control and mileage specs. The odo now reads near 400Kms and am waiting for it to reach at least to 1000Kms to start using Turbo power. Hope to do it very soon.
    Overall I'm very much satisfied with my selection of vehicle and looking forward for long trips.

Link to my pre-delivery thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales-query/9208-guidance-buying-punto.html

I have loads of photos taken, starting with few..

Ready for delivery..
    IMG_8451.jpg

Glimpse of driver console
    IMG_8500.jpg

Odo after PDI
    IMG_8525.jpg
    17 people like this.
  2. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hi congrats but be aware of the fuel quality u put inn.
    1 person likes this.
  3. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Thanks! But any suggestion, how do I decide?
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on your new car. Since its a sport version, its a 2012 model. Currently this sport series has been discontinued though. But 90Hp still remains.
    Looking nice btw!
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, girish.kn. Go through the owner's handbook, get acquainted with the features and operations, explore and enjoy your precious Punto.:)
    2 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, first picture is just superb. Congratulations.
    Very important point you made here.
    1 person likes this.
  7. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Thanks! yes, you are right its 2012 model vin ends with JLZ. I deliberately had ordered 2012 model since there was additional 16K offer over the non-sports version price which got me benefit of around 30k. And I'm in love with bnw with sport sticker than the plain one.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ravi. Yup, will do that, didn't yet open any of the books given!
    2 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations. It's a stunner :) .

Dont wait for 1000km to experience the turbo. Drive normally, just don't abuse. That's it.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  9. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats Girish. Njoy driving...!!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Punoto 90 HP Girish. The white Punto with red mirror caps looks hot!

Do enjoy many more happy miles Puntoing.
    1 person likes this.