1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

It's Fiat ! It's Punto ! It's 90hp sport ! It's BNW!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by naveen0808, Jan 17, 2013.

1. arunbaboo4

arunbaboo4

BANGALORE
    Buddy they really cheated you in each and every aspect
    They have given you the PUNTO 90hp EMOTION and they have out smarted you that they have given SPORTS model
    Firstly when you opted for any special edition model in any company the whole and entire package will be fitted and finished in the factory itself and then they will send to dealer here in this forum itself you can see so many guys are opted for sports version and when they are in for PDI check you can see the photos the SPORTS PEDAL, THE DECALS, THE CHROME SILENCER TIP are fitted and nothing as to be done by the dealer.

The sales advisor said that they have to drill some holes in the pedals, so that the steel ones can be fit. Since there was no power that day they couldnt do it.This is the most funny part of the drama

- - - Merged Post - - -

They have simply pasted the old sticker set from the fiat accessories which are available with no SPORTS letters on the boot, its very easy to remove EMOTION badge from the boot which will leave nothing marks on boot which can be noticed and coming to ORVM colour in no time they paint for you from there paint section

- - - Merged Post - - -

How come this fellows are pasting the FIAT sticker that too in front of you nobody ( the other sports version models decals are pasted from the factory itself)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Last one if the LEATHER RAPPED STEERING WHEEL AND GEAR KNOB IN YOUR CAR COMES WITH RED STITCHING [/B]than it will be the sports version otherwise really they have took you on the ride and also please call FIAT and check them with THE VIN of your car whether yours is a sports version or emotion 90hp

CONGRTAS BUDDY FOR OPTING 90HP REALLY ITS A BEAST ON THE ROAD
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. Sagar Naik

Sagar Naik Timido

Bantwal,Mangalore,Karnataka
    Bantwal, Mangalore , Karnataka
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    :up naveen0808....And yeah i was confused at first seeing the Decals coz 'Sports' branding is Missing at the Back..
    Anyways Congrats!! Enjoy ur 90HP,Keep Punto'ing ;)

3. My car chassis is KLZ ( Oct 2012 manufactured) and chassis has 11834D which is sports or 90 hp. After sports was introduced, 90hp was no more manufactured. Also mine has the red stiching in the gearnob and seats. Also the leather mounted sterring wheel.

As someone has mentioned the decals do not come pasted from factory, the dealers fix it. When i went for PDI i saw mine and another sport model both just downloaded from truck (not even washed), they look like normal emotion punto, the differences from factory are Red OVRM's, red stiching on gear knob and seats and leather mount on steering wheel. Also the black dashboard with the chrome line like LINEA
    1 person likes this.
  4. I saw mine being unloaded from the truck , it did have the sports decals . If i am not mistaken it was the absolute kit that was fitted by the dealer not the sports package , not sure though .

Anyway She looks nice , Congrats :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    AFAIK - The car comes with all the decals fixed from the company, for the very simple reason that it would be too difficult to monitor uniformity of the final outcome from various dealers across the country. Same would be the case for all other details, namely, red stitching in the gear knob, Punto sill plates and Sport pedals.

Naveen - Please do post some pictures of the interiors of your car. As for the red stitching on the seat covers and chrome strips on the dash were there in the 90 HP Emotion too. A quick check of the infamous spare would also help. Please check and post a picture of your spare wheel as well.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. You are correct absolute edition was fitted by the dealer, as this was optional..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. since we got new 90HP Sports BNW recently[for my bro]; I can assure you that car comes with sports decals from factory itself. Absolute edition kit was fitted @ dealer. We were present when those accessories got fitted. Anyways quality of absolute edition freebies is not that good. navigator is good but it has serious battery issues...
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajan, not exactly.

The pre sport vehicles neither had the red stiching on the gear lever and steering wheel, nor the chromed strips and bits on the AC vents, door open handles in the interior, even for 2012 models. All the above were introduced only on the Sport.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Let me clarify:

The 90 HP (non-sport) had red stitching on the seats and chrome strips on the dash - below the Airbag on passenger side and below the AC vent on the driver side.

The 90 HP SPORT, in addition to the above, also had chrome in the AC vent air flow adjusters, inside door open handles and red stitching in the gear boot. I don't think it had red stitching in the steering wheel - at least the 90 HP SPORT parked outside my gate right now does not.

Also, speaking about the sport pedals and the sport decals, they would come factory fitted and is not something that the dealer does. In this deal, something sure is awry.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Congrats....
    love the title and the fiat ad on to the rear decal...