1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

It's Fiat ! It's Punto ! It's 90hp sport ! It's BNW!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by naveen0808, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Congrats ma friend.. keep munching the miles on the 90hp.
    You will just start loving the highways more that you used to;)

How was your experience with KHT. do post some of your thoughts in Kht motors thread as well..
    2 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    +1 one to this comment.

90HP is just wonderful car to drive.
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Congratulations Naveen. I wish you many more happy miles with your new possession.

For me it looks like some one is resting happily with the front passenger seat completely reclined and that too with the seat belt on.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Selection

I had a 98 model Santro earlier, bought from one of my friends in Chennai. It has become too old the other state registration was creating a problem. Me and my wife during our morning walks would look at the cars parked and discuss about which one would be our next. My requirement was 20 Kms to office during weekdays and weekends long drives around 1000 KMS in a month. I wanted a diesel hatch. The hatches considered were

Volkswagon Polo :

+ Liked the looks, build quality and VW brand.
    -Rejected it after test drive due to its non existent rear space and cramped feeling. Reports about lack of enough service centers did not help either.

Skoda Fabia:

+ Liked the airy interiors, ride and handling of the vehicle.
    -Rejected due to high price and high maintenance costs, skoda delership’s horror stories.

120:

+Liked the excellent pickup of the car, it pulls great from any gear any speed and ofcourse the modern gadgets espically the reverse camera.
    -Rejected due to unpleasant city drivablity and high speed handling, jerky in bad roads, high cost of maintenance.

Maruti Swift ZDI:

Did not test drive due to high waiting period for ZDI, my wife did not like the looks, she says it looks like a frog as one of the other forum member has mentioned and too common in roads.

Punto:

Although I had always liked the Punto, the initial reviews in 2010 about poor plastic quality, high turning radius, long clutch and sluggishness was a no-no for me. Added to that one of my friend mentioned about the poor availability of spares for Uno/Palio models. But when I started looking for the new car , I test drove the Punto 90hp from Prerana motors. Loved the way it drove even in city traffic, clutch was smooth, turning radius was fine. In short punto blew me away, the way it drove. Whatever I read and Heard negative about the punto became meaningless. In 2012 model especially sport the issues of poor plastic quality, high turning radius and sluggishness were totally gone. Started a thread in TeamFiat about spares and found that there is no issue anymore.

Booking & Delivery:

Although AADYA motors is just 2 kms away from my home, booked the car from KHT motors which is 20 kms away due to good reputation they have. Booked the car on 17th dec, with booking amount of 50K with sales advisor Quote given was 8,70,542 (RSA free, Insurance Free, Corp Discount 7000). The sales advisor informed the car would arrive on 28th, Dec. I started following up from 26th and was informed about the progress, like the truck was in Belgaum etc. Come 28th evening, I was waiting eagerly and when I called the sales advisor , he said that only my vehicle has not arrived because instead of my punto sports a tata strome was loaded by mistake by the truck people. I did not buy the story and spoke to the sales head and he asked 2 days time to get clear status. And on 31st sales headd informed that the car was not loaded because the parts like abarth pedals, chrome exhaust tip etc were out of stock, and the consignment is on the way from Italy and the vehicle is expected only on 7th, Jan. For future buyers I suggest to get the chassis number ASAP and ask the sales advisor if the car with the chassis number is loaded in the truck they are expecting. The sales head was very fair in his interaction and I totally believed him. Inbetween on 30th Jan, Sales advisor informed that Fiat is increasing the prices 1.5% from Jan 1st, and if I have to get 2012 prices I have to pay the entire amount ,so I paid the entire quoted amount 8,70,542 and vehicle was invoiced in my name. I could not collect the invoice as it was supposed to be done later in the day. Also paid Rs.5500 for Red Soul reverse parking sensor.

The vehicle arrived on 7th Jan.as KHT promised. I did the PDI on 8th Jan and everything was fine. There was a inbetween glitch. The sales advisor said that I have to pay additional Rs.1100 which is pending, he said the quoted price is 8,71,600 instead of 8,70,542 quoted earlier. I demand him to show my file , and he has overwritten the figures after rubbing with the white ink. I understood that he may have quoted it wrong earlier and changed it later or there was minor increase on some other component in Jan. I paid the extra amount Rs.1100 without creating much fuss, because of the excellent service and feedback they gave me otherwise. The mistake on my part was I did not take the clear price breakup in a paper and retain it .For future buyers I suggest, you take the clear break-up of the price along with sales advisor’s signature on a piece of paper.

To sum up the booking and delivery experience, I would say except for the above 2 glitches the interaction I had with KHT motors was top notch. They patiently answered all my queries and still if I have any doubt I call them. They take the extra step and go out of their way to help. The advice and support given during booking, loan processing, PDI and delivery part was excellent. I would recommend KHT to others.

Come the delivery day , 10th Jan, the vehicle was delivered in extremely good condition with the additional fiat sticker. Only thing missing was the abarth pedals, the sales advisor said that there was no current to drill holes for the abarth pedals and I can get it some other day.I took the car and gave her a pooja.

First week experience to follow

- - - Merged Post - - -

Haha, That was my wife sleeping.
    5 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Awesome selection...
    congrats buddy...
    Whenever i read ownership reviews i've almost always found that cars are not being delivered on time...
    Taking my suggestions 5 of my friends bought puntos and believe it or not NONE got it on the day initially the dealers promised..
    They seem to come up with such things always....

I wonder why?
    I just hope it does not happen in the future
    1 person likes this.
  6. Hmmm, bad. One of the things i found out is that, dealers know the date when the next truck is arraiving, but they do not know exactly which vehicles are loaded in the truck. So they generally give the date when the next truck is arraiving, but our vehicle may not be in the truck. Added to the confusion is TATA, FIAT vehicles transported toghether.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    or another way to look at it would be that the dealers dont want to lose customers so they quote a very small waiting period and once the booking is done we are at their mercy and they know this...
    So we have to just play around with that...
    2 people like this.
  8. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Congrats Naveen on the purchase of your BNW beauty.. BTW where do you stay?? Even i stay 2 kms around Aadya.. :)
    Post more pics..!! ;)
  9. Near Bhima Jewellers, HBR 4th block. yourself?

I see many puntos in that area.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Abarth pedals? The Showroom offered you that??
    Btw congrats on owning one of the best hatchback.post more pics.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.