1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Its a dream come true...

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by livelyyoungman, Nov 20, 2010.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 33 - The first Grand kms

I am unsure when I crossed the first grand kilometers; but eventually it did happen. For the first month after I got my "Neela Ratham" home he discharged his duties between hospital and home. Never did he crib nor did he make a hue & cry; just went about the business. People whom he drove were really surprised to hear me say he is an oil burner. In fact, the moment I uttered the fact that this is heart that drives at least seven other Indian automobile all I could see were popping eye balls.

Name a feature of the car, it would be in the good books. Still nothing is perfect in this world and so is FIAT LINEA. The worst I came to live with in the car was the ICE setup and instantly I knew another research was in my card.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 35 - The FE Analysis Tool

I keep telling everyone - there is more than FE attached to any car, meaning if you were to enjoy your car then pay less attention to FE; lest you are sure to have sleepless nights. But the irony is that we are in INDIA and there is no respite to spiraling cost and traffic jams. So there is a need to keep a tab on cost incurred. Remember my Total Landing Cost Tool? It had a projected Mileage based on driving conditions. Now with the car in full use, it was necessary to compare the figures esp the ones that I had inserted for projected Mileage with that of the actual. Again Excel came to my rescue. Following the KISS procedure I sat overnight and got it ready. Salient features as follows:

• Has got four sheets.
    • The first sheet is called the "Statement". Here you need to fill in the details of when and where you have tanked up your car. The headers are pretty self explanatory.
    • The second sheet is the "Regular Mileage". Here you fill detail on the liters filled, MID trip kilometers, Total kilometers, Avg Kilometers per liter and its cost along with the MID average for the trip.
    • The third sheet is the "Long Distance Mileage" sheet. You enter details on the long hauls that you are bound to go with your car. Again headers are self explanatory.
    • The fourth sheet is "Mileage at SL". This is a tricky sheet as it is not got from the car. It is derived from the second sheet taking into account the actual Kilometers done with fuel consumed just when you give the car for service. Again headers are self explanatory.

Link as follows:
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bz...gxMTktNGNjN2EyNjU2NmRh&hl=en&authkey=COnJia8P

NOTE
    This tool is purely for comparing the projected vs actual FE of the car. Please do not use this if you are light hearted
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Great calculation. Are you working in MIS kind of thing or in Reporting....
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not in MIS but in Reporting partially as I am also responsible for preparing statistics on project execution. This role is aka Project Damager ooooppppssss sorry Manager:D
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 36 - The Sun Rise

It is a pattern that my friends and I had adopted for quite some years that we see the New Year Sun Rise. It was decided to get the glimpse of the sun from the shores of East Coast Road. It was an early morning start and in no time the car was loaded with six adults. Throughout the journey neither did he puff or pant and that showed the true power of the MJD. The comfort was quite amazing. Needless to say Linea's drive and handling. Above all it was the my first long distance haul with this car. The more I drove him the faster I fell in love. Viewed the sun rise and captured some good moments as well. A few of those attached here. NeelaRatham.jpg Emotions 2.jpg Emotions 1.jpg
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats and nice narration.

Damager/Manager. Loved it. Keep em coming
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks one and all for the appreciation.
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 37 - Full Day with Linea

It was Shankranti and of course vacation time. With dad's health stabilizing, it was time for a long drive and a visit to a temple was planned. This place is known as Panchavati some 30 odd kms from Tindivanam. Travel was planned on NH45 for the onward journey and ECR for return.

For various reasons the start was delayed and by the time we hit the road, it was necessary to go full throttle to ensure that we reach the place in time for a good dharshan. Roared over on to the Chennai by pass and in no time my "He Man" was near the toll just behind a Vento; and what ensued was an interesting battle of wits to outwit one another. For that entire battle, I felt that I was inside a F1 cockpit trying to get the hell out of the car.

Having won the battle comfortably, it was time to steady the ship and head towards the intended destination.
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Did you try a drag with Vento :)
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 37 - Full Day with Linea Continued...

I would best describe the onward journey as WOW. The MJD had proved it mettle again. The rear passenger seat were really comfortable for one and all. No one including my dad felt the pinch of travel. The rear AC vents provided enough cooling for my lil one to sleep peacefully. Destination was reached in time and had dharshan of the deity as well.

After lunch and rest it was time for return. As planned it was via ECR. It is slightly tricky to drive on the ECR due to its bends and barricades. Drive was smooth but for a minor incident. For quite a while I was following a fleet of vehicles headed by a mini bus, an Innova, and couple of cars. All of us were trying to overtake the mini bus for that guy proved to be a pain in speed. For no reason all of a sudden the mini bus braked. Panic braking followed and all vehicles stopped with a screech. On the other hand the Linea stood its line and halted peacefully. :cool: It was then I realized that had it been my good old Santro things might have been different.

The driver was lambasted and the onward journey resumed. Late in the evening we returned saying Home sweet Home.