1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Its a dream come true...

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by livelyyoungman, Nov 20, 2010.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 26

It was almost six months since the start of the Treasure Hunt. Time was running out thick and fast. Now that FIAT was a clear winner, it burned down to just three of the dealers in Chennai to be brokered with.

As for the car, I adopted a process to zero on a dealer as well. It is best described in the bullets below:

• After finalizing the car find the dealers in your locality[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • Scout for information on all the dealers[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • Start talking to them. Once you do this you will be into TD phase of the purchase[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • Gather all the details provided[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • Ask specific questions on the discounts and accessories provided[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • If available, call the toll-free number of the manufacturer and confirm the same w.r.t discounts[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • Repeat the above steps for at least two months with the dealers taking care to talk to different SA every time. This would give you a fair idea on how the dealer approaches the deal.[/*:m:16q8fzqm]
    • When you get closer to finalizing the deal bargain for the better if not the best. [/*:m:16q8fzqm]

Today even dealers are smart. When you try to sweeten the deal by comparing with their competitors, they tend to check the genuinity. To get the deal in your favour, ensure that you do have enough information (like SA name, his/her contact # et al) to provide in case you are questioned.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 27 - Chicken or Egg or Both

Every dealer tends to give you some set of standard accessories like Sun Film, Mat kit, Mud Flaps, Seat covers apart from cash discounts. Based on preferences, one can decide on to whether it is better to go for cash discounts or cash discount with accessories. By answering the questions below takes one closer to the decision.

• What is the cash discount that is being offered?[/*:m:30l672me]
    • What are the standard accessories that is being offered? Check out for brands of the accessories and their market value.[/*:m:30l672me]
    • What is the additional cash discount offered in lieu of the accessories?[/*:m:30l672me]

Added to the above, the details gathered from each of the dealers over the two month journey should provide a good direction. In my view point anything over 5% of the ex-showroom price in the form of discounts, accessories can be treated as decent and the best time to get the vehicle is during the festival season.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hey lively lovely youngman,
    whats up? not active for long time....
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Got entangled in work. Hence delay in posts.
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 28 - Get the chicken out first

Talking to each of the dealers provided interesting insight. Each of them vied for grabbing the deal, each of them tried to better the other. It was more or less the same offer from all the dealers. But there is one incident that I would like to share with you - a typical dealer malware.

I had almost booked the car with Concorde, when I got a call from the other dealer stating that they were willing to offer me better discount and immediate delivery. It was a surprise for me as none but Concorde had FTA MJD in stocks. Even during my initial discussion, this dealer had maintained the status quo. Still, I heard through the call and headed straight to them. Just as I stepped into the showroom, the SA came with the order book. Even without me uttering a word, the SA insisted on closing the deal ASAP. It was here I insisted on doing a PDI on the vehicle. Though initially reluctant, the SA finally ceded. Then I requested for Form 22. Caught off guard, the SA blundered by uttering that there was no such form issued by any manufacturer leave alone FIAT. With comedy of errors flowing, I did a PDI on the vehicle and it failed. Showing no dissent, I demanded the SA to produce Form 22 for the vehicle, lest face an escalation. This pressed the panic button and not only was I presented with the Form 22, a senior staff in the showroom was even willing to clarify my doubts. With my quiver filled with sharp darts, I informed them that I am walking out of the deal for the following reasons:

• The vehicle was not recent a one.
    • The vehicle had been used as a display vehicle. No wonder such generous discount was being offered.

Caught red handed, the sales team had to accept this. In the mean time, they put me on to one Mr. Vikram of Tata Motors who was in charge of sales for Tamil Nadu region. As time was running out I requested to Mr. Vikram, that we talk about this the following day; but mentally I had decided to book the car from Concorde.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 29 - Mr. Vikram Aur Betaal

It was D-Day and as promised Mr. Vikram called in. After initial formalities, we went about the issue. I took time to explain the entire episode to the finest detail as possible highlighting the following:

• The SA was not even aware of the basics.
    • Neither the dealership nor TATA Motors had trained staffs efficiently.
    • "Don't care attitude" of staffs towards customers till pressing the panic button.

I should definitely say Mr. Vikram took all these in the right perspective. He ran the extra mile by apologizing on behalf of the dealership and ensured that the trust/faith between FIAT and the customer is not lost because of this incident. It was at this juncture that I revealed to him that I had already booked my MJD at Concorde. Not expecting this gesture from my side, Mr. Vikram thanked me profoundly and wished me a wonderful ownership.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 30 - A Loyal Tata Capital Customer

I belong to the league of people who say "loan diminishing assets". But it is easier said than done. In fact this is the most tiresome part of any deal just for only one reason - false promises.

After shortlisting the two probable vehicles, I started to talk to banks for loan processing. Among them SBI offered the best interest rate provided the loan is taken for max of three years. HDFC, ICICI were on the higher side. Reliance and Tata Capital intermediary.

I started to speak to three of them - SBI, Reliance and Tata Capital. The overall payout was quite similar for all the three considering the fact that I would be opting for a five year tenure.

For SBI the onus was on the individual to verify, submit and then followup on the loan papers with the corresponding department till the DO was released. The private sector had employees to do that. With time running short I opted for the private sector for quick processing and speedy release of DO. Tata Capital acted faster than Reliance (thanks to the manager Mr. Sivaprakash) and hence clinched the deal. 72 Hrs was the ETA and it was accomplished even before that.

With DO ready it was the frustrating wait game that ensued.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 31 - Its wait, wait and wait again

It was the last day of October 2010 that the DO was released to Concorde Motors. My entire family was quite happy that the car would be in for Diwali. But something else was in store for us. It was the following Monday that my dad fell ill again and had to be admitted to the hospital. All of us were devastated. Priorities shifted. I called up Concorde Motors to stop the vehicle registration process. None of us were sure if he would be home for Diwali.

"Every cloud has a silver lining" is a very famous proverb. Same rule applied here. Dad got discharged on the eve of Diwali and was at home for the festival; but the vehicle had to wait. :(
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hey young man
    chapter wise story ya,this is something goes like English prose,

u r really a young man indeed,

regards
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chapter 32 - Home Coming

With my dad back in home for Diwali, I called up Concorde requesting them to proceed with the registration. The MJD went for registration on the 12th November 2010. The 13th of November was the delivery day and I had informed the SA that I would be in by 4.30PM. Expecting swift completion of the process, I went into the showroom. But that was not the case, I had to wait another 2 hours for the actual delivery to happen. It was the most frustrating time period in my life.

Soon after the delivery was completed, I got the car loaded with the free fuel and headed straight to BP COCOMO outlet. There I tanked up my I Italian beauty, replaced air with N2 for all the tyres and headed home with everyone eagerly waiting to welcome the new member.

In all it took me more than four hours for home coming.

Delivery.jpg