1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Italian White Beauty Punto Evo 1.3 Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by praveen43all, Oct 7, 2014.

1. praveen43all

praveen43all Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello Friends,

Here is the short ownership review of my Italian White beauty Punto Evo 1.3 MJD Active.
    Was looking for a replacement for Figo Petrol which was my first car and had driven 65K Kms in 4 years. And at the right time Punto Evo was launched and I decided that this will be replacement for Figo.

Purchased car from KHT Motors, Domlur. Service adviser was very courteous and answering all my questions. And the car was delivered at the promised time. Taken the delivery on 29th Sep 2014 and have driven 650KM till now.

Driving Experience
    Excellent handling and the brakes. And the steering response is brilliant. I don't face any issues
    with the steering hardness or stiffness as am used to Hydrualic Power Steering and feels good to drive. Had been to Dasarighatta (Temple near Tiptur on Bangalore - Shimoga road) where their is a strech of bad road and the way the car behaved is just amazing.

Upgrades
    Got the ICE installed from Satya(Evo-Blr) below is the details.
    Head Unit: JVC 746BT
    Front Doors: Focal Auditor rip165s 6.5" Component Speakers
    Rear Doors: Focal Auditor rip165 6.5" Coaxial Speakers
    Wiring, Damping, Harness
    Overall Budget: 20600

Upgraded the tyres to 185/70 R14 Apollo acelere.

upload_2014-10-7_0-35-10.png
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @praveen43all, congrats on your new buy. You seem to drive quite a lot and this gorgeous car is a good buy in diesel avatar.

Enjoy your drive. You would not find a better car in the market that can bring such pleasure to you while driving combined with the beauty.
    praveen43all and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ah, from a Ford to a Fiat! In a way, a compliment to both brands, no? ;-)

Congrats man, cheers, the car's a beauty!
    praveen43all likes this.
  4. praveen43all

praveen43all Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I totally agree, that is the reason i did not even test drive any other cars. Polo was on the list but due to its price left out.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest congratulations @praveen43all on the Evo buy. The colour looks royal and classy on the car every time I look. Its but natural for someone who's driven a Ford to shift laterally to a Fiat since only Fiat gives the same refinement, handling and FTD quotient in a car (ask me). Just one pic doesnt do justice to the ownership review, please be liberal. Also post some pics of the audio upgrade.

I wish Fiat would seriously start thinking of giving the front fog lamps in the base version too since a bare front bumper kind of spoils the look of the car.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats for the Evo.
    It has got killer looks very refreshing on the road and head turner too.

Enjoy it and share a ownership review with dealership experience in detail. Agreed with ghodlur for more pics.

Happy revving
  7. praveen43all

praveen43all Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have sent a message to Fiat India on FB requesting the availability of Fog Lamps on active variant. Waiting for their reply with details. Hope will get soon.

Here are the pics. All the pics are taken from mobile.

First look @ the dealers stockyard.

upload_2014-10-10_0-32-20.png

upload_2014-10-10_0-33-23.png

Center console after installing the HU

upload_2014-10-10_0-37-7.png

upload_2014-10-10_0-39-43.png
    pdash, vish_al, multijetter and 2 others like this.
  8. praveen43all

praveen43all Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Got the TFI stickers.

upload_2014-10-11_0-49-16.png
    vish_al, Ravi and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hearty congratulations for your Evo. Looks gorgeous. 65k in 4 years is good mile crunching in a petrol car. Considering this, you could have upgraded to R15 specs tyres. Would have made your highway drives more pleasurable and would have added meat to the looks of the car.

Happy Puntoing!
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Praveen Congrats,

what is the OTR paid for the car and any future modifications you are planning.