1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Italian beauty Vs German beauty.. Who won me finally?

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by RajiniHasan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. RajiniHasan

RajiniHasan Timido

I and my wife was in hunt for a diesel hatchback. My priorities was on safety and strong built quality. We started from chev Beat and it was ruled out because of its small pack which doesn't fit out for us. Liva to me is not even a VFM. Quality is very poor. We blindly ignored Swift and Figo which was selling as hot hatchbacks in India.I ignored Fiat because of poor servicing from Tata. But atleast we had hope that we have service availability. But the JV between Fiat and Tata has come to end. There was no news about its own dealership and services. So it made me to visit VW Polo. We loved it. Interior fit and finish was excellent. Good exterior looking and more over its German engineering. So we booked Polo TDI Trendline which had corp discount and some cash discount altogether we got 25K discount. Then launched the refreshed Polo where the comfortline model had added features which satisfied most of our needs. So changed our booking from old Polo to refreshed Comfortline. I was told delivery could be from 3 weeks to 1 month because of refreshed model.

On my way back from my office i use to see Tata showroom daily. Initially .One day made up my mind to see how Punto was and to know about any news about Fiat future in India. The moment i saw the Punto in Tuscan Whine my heart desired with that. Slowly i went inside and had look on the interiors. It made me down when compared with Polo. Then i have inquired about Fiat future plans and new dealerships. Heard from the sales person that DSC have taken up dealership in Chennai and it would be in CIT nagar next to their hyundai showroom and will get opened in Dec or Jan. I told about Punto to my wife. But she told not to look any more and be stick with Polo. The next day i got an SMS from my wife mentioning Punto in Whine colour looks amazing. immediately i called her to know why she said. By the time she had seen an Tuscan Whine Punto on her way to office. Then whats up... We both went to the showroom again. Compared everything with Polo. Here's an overall observation.

Exterior Look - Its Punto (even to me Polo looks behind)
    Interior Look - Its Polo no doubt about this
    Engine - Punto (Its national engine) Though VW have one fifth stack of Suzuki. But they don't get engines from VW instead they get from Fiat and still planned to get higher volumes from Fiat. So no wonder why its an national engine.
    Interior space - Punto have good interior space and airy compared to Polo. For us when we sat in rear seat of Polo it was like sitting in Maruti 800. So Punto was far better.
    Ride Dynamics & Comfort - Hope everyone agrees Punto is master in this.
    Built Quality - both are equal

And i have got good deals from the dealer. For Emotion pack i got around 60K discount and for Dynamic around 50K. I love hearing music and had thought of changing the music system. Heard in case if i change factory fitted music system then i will be loosing all my Blue and Me features. So i compared Polo comfortline features and Punto Dynamic variant. Almost all equal, but Punto had ABS with EBD additionally which was an essential while considering safety. Finally we got the deal for 6.95K Punto Dynamic MJD which was sweet. Also confirmed from relevant sources that DSC has taken the dealership and its about to get open. But one thing kept me worrying on the figure sales of Punto which was dropping month on month and for Nov its just 200+. We thought Fiat has finally coming up to Indian market in new avatar and things will get change everything by next year. So we cancelled Polo and booked Punto Dynamic MJD.

It was Heart (Punto) vs Mind (Polo) and finally Italian Beauty won me.. :cool:

I am very excited about my arrival of italian beauty next week ;). So should be having my initial ownership details in couple of days..
    9 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Hmm... Quite good post there. Early congrats on booking punto. Hope you do your PDI well and make sure you get the beauty as hot and sexy as you wish :p
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats... you wont repent a bit for choosing punto over polo !!
    nice handle btw.. is it a combination of rajnikanth and kamal hasan ? are you going to be the rajnikanth of TFI ? :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Congrats !!! i think you got a very good deal , i think you are from chennai, can you share the dealer name....
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to the Family which will soon be your first family ;) Yes, Heart over Mind decision however rest assured on a long term the Fiat Car will make more practical sense too. Enjoy the pain of waiting for your Tuscan Wine Punto, then its Bliss all the way.

As you would have found out in many of the ICE posts here, changing to good speakers have made things musical (me included). A small price to pay for I think.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

enjoyed reading your post :) welcome to TFI!! do a detailed PDI before the car is registered and i would advise to upgrade the tyres right after delivery to 195 section ones. you will get a good price for the oem tyres till they are unused.
  7. Congrats on booking one of the hottest hatchbacks in india...post a lot of pics when u get the delivery...
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi congrats for your booking and welcome to TFI..
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Congrats buddy & warm welcome to TFI...

Cheers... :up

10. Just by reading the title I know it was Punto. No Doubt, Punto always wins the heart, all that matters is If the heart won or the brain. So just like a FIAT you too have 'Got a Strong Heart'. Congrats. After delivery, Post the pictures of the 'Beauty in Wine'.
    1 person likes this.