1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Italian Beauty comes home....

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Mihir Gandhi, Aug 17, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My 1.4 E gives 16+ on highways and 11 +/-1 in Bangalore city with a little aggressive driving. Light footed driving in bangalore city doesn't make much of a difference. As much as possible, I keep the speed at 60-80 kmph and RPM around 2500.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Nice........
    I loved the orvm... And personally i would have gone for the glossy roof..
  3. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    awwsoome ... makeove hiten .. I liked it very much .... so I was just keen to know how did u fixed the FM transmitter on to the self of the dashboard ? coz there is no power plug... And also do u have any plan to do interior lighting? I'm keen to do so... but not gettin good reffs or ideas to where to put the light which will give some cool looks ...
  4. Punto 1.2 ngv!!!

Well, the petrol bug bit me hard. The recent price rise has finally made me think about the fuel used in my beloved car and as a result finally took the plunge and converted my Punto to alternate fuel ie CNG.
    Using it for about 2 days and I tell you there is absolutely no difference in the characteristics in the car. Only negative point is that boot space is used up and is only useful for shopping bags now.
    I have installed LandiRenzo Sequential kit. The total cost was Rs. 43000/- including registration charges. The cylinder manufacture is Rama Cylinders Pvt. Ltd.
    In city driving is the same as earlier and the fitter tested told that he tested the car and touched 115 kmph with CNG. Lets wait and watch.
    Will keep updated on the usage and long term report.

The pics:

PUNTO NGV
    DSC_0836.jpg

10 kg cylinder
    DSC_0838.jpg

Still Some space left to put some shopping bags
    DSC_0839.jpg

Fuel Change Switch
    DSC_0841.jpg

Engine Pics
    DSC_0842.jpg
    DSC_0844.jpg

CNG Filling Point
    DSC_0845.jpg

Spark Plug Timer
    DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Good Job Mihir. Getting CNG in Punto is the best option keeping in mind the roaring petrol prices. Surat has some real good CNG fitters. I have driven my brother's I20 on CNG in surat and it was awesome, could not figure out the difference.

There is a video on you tube about Lovato sequential CNG kit installation in Fiat punto. Just check that out. this will help you identify the differences if any.