1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Italian Beauty comes home....

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Mihir Gandhi, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Well the under-body light is a regular waterproof white led strip again directly connected(same as the DRLs) operated by a switch placed under the steering dashboard....
    The electrician said that the headlights automatically switches itself off when there is heavy load on it, hence had to make it operate directly and independently of the headlights....
  2. awesome man.
    lovely mods.
    change your head lamp bulbs also to white or get those projectors
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Perfect Mihir and you are lucky enough to get a good understanding electrician. How about xenons for the head lights ? Do post some daylight pics .
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I liked Sideskirt lighting. Mihir How Much you paid for that.

I sent the vector file.
  5. Received the vector file... Many many thanks for that... Will be of great use for me....
    The sideskirt lighting cost me rs.1040 for both sides... Its price is around rs.400 per meter... I used about 2.6 meter... plus rs.100 for the switch to turn it on/off...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  6. hey fiatians,
    how are you today? am enjoying my car to the fullest... Am learning a new thing everyday about my car... Its really fun....
    I recently had the opportunity to take my lovely beauty on a long drive out of the city....
    The drive was around 60kms one way...
    I noticed two things..
    1) the car is a very good handler
    2) the car can not be called as underpowered.. the power was sufficient to pull away...

I also got a very good mileage on the trip...
    My figures were as follows:

Trip distance: 134.9kms
    Average Consumption: 14.5kmpl
    Average Speed: 36km/hr
    These figures were obtained with around 80% AC on in the whole trip and also included about 10-15km of city driving....

The odo now is at 385km... hence i expect that my mileage should increase more as the car opens up more...Till then i am quite satisfied with it....

Happy Driving.....
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Hey Mihir dont worry. Yesterday we had a team FIAT meet. There also what we have noticed was that even with the same speed, the new cars which has done under 5k kms gives mileage less than 15. ( There are exceptions to this). Mine has done around 9k kms and I am getting around 17 + kms. Those which have done more than 10 k is getting around 19 +. So need not worry and just enjoy your drive.
  8. @cinju...sirji mine is a 1.2 Petrol.....are u sure i would get such a mileage in petrol.....
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

OOps sorry Mihir. You wont be getting that much in petrol. But I am sure you would get more in the long run.
  10. completed 1500 km a while back....really enjoying it... :redcar... truly a driver's car:car
    my only concern is FE... m getting around 11-11.5kmpl in the city with around 50% AC.. Is it appropriate?
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011