1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Italian beauty at its best, this time in Tuscan Wine- Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Italia-Linea, Dec 14, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Italian beauty at its best, this time in Tuscan Wine- Li

Is it so ?

Then he is the 1st one who helped me decode my Linea's VIN as early as in March 2009 when I was purchasing it. Only after a couple of months & after some research we could figure out how to decode VIN of Linea/Punto.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes sir, I have your full 49 page long thread on my hard drive. Your thread was very helpful in understanding Blue&Me (more than "experience Fiat's Blue&Me thread if you believe me). I did not know you at that time and was wondering how you wrote 49 pages in a short span of time.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Hi Vahanpujari,

ooh i dint remember this as i have decoded hell lot of Vin nos. i could do it as i was the ones who implemented in tata motors. all the barcodes seen on trucks, safaris ,wingers, arias etc is my project and my design.
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN

You must have read it in my posting.... :( and am still experiencing it.

I guess, then, my car has a serious problem :confused. Else why shud it happen to my car alone? :A

I agree with the GC part. Even my car scraped a lot. But thanks to the engine guard and strong under body metal, its only scratches in the bottom. When i took the car for first service i asked the guys to show me the bottom of the car. They lifted her up and showed me the bottom. The low GC kills the fun of driving many a times. TRUE.
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai

Italia-Linea I want to ask some queries:-

1. How about the Auto Climate control A/C. And its effectiveness?
    2. If 5 People and luggage is there in the car, then how is the performance?
    3. In city like Mumbai there are 3 series, 5, c class, E class. and there ground clearance is not more than 150mm then compare to them is it low?
    4. does your I pod get charged while plugging in?
    5. any other suggestion while taking the delivery

I have booked Tuscan wine mjd Emotion Pk. so please help me.
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN

@multijetter : You asked the questions to Italia-Linea but I am writing what i know....

Oh Tuscan Wine? Then make sure they write the same "Tuscan Wine" in the Invoice also.

Yes the GC is low.

with 5 people in the car and boot full of luggage, there is absolutely no issues. Last month I went to my hometown in Kerala (almost 600 kms) with the boot and back seat space filled. Boot was filled to the last gap which was available. Back seat also. And two full grown adults. Me and my brother (both toegether weighed almost 200 kgs hehehehhe ::V ) there was absolutely no issues.

While taking delivery ....rather before taking delivery check the kms reading. upto 20 + odd kms is ok. 50 + odd ask for explanation. Anything more than 100 do not accept.
    Make sure the color is written Tuscan Wine only in all papers.

Check seats for any stains, spots etc. The seat fabric is the worst. It attracts dust, threads from your dress and what not. Check the seat head rests for its functioning. I had issue with back seat head rests and they replaced the back seat with their new demo car's. I strongly suggest that you remove the plastic covers from the seat (gently do this and u can put it back if you prefer to leave plastic cover for some time) and check the seat fabric thoroughly for any black spots stains etc. This is where i made the mistake. i didnt give attention to this part. When i removed the plastic after two weeks i was shocked to see lots of stains on the seat. It looked like a used seat :(

I found debris inside my car. Left after parts from other cars or during manufacturing probably. I wonder what kind of Quality Check they have in the factory before the roll out each product.

Check all door pads and interior plastic for dirt. Usually during cleaning these boys touch here n there with their dirty hands leaving marks.

Then as usual check all switches all functionalities working fine or not.

A new car cant have any major issues other than some fit n finish things like minor scratches, some alignment issues like in glove box shutter etc.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Here are my answers to your queries, multijetter:
    It is adequate for me. But, I understand, Linea 1.3 MJD's ACC is better than that of 1.4 FIRE.
    I am fully satisfied with the performance of my Linea 1.4 FIRE. Recently, we [5 people+bootful of luggage] drove on a 18-day, 6148-km long trip spanning across 7 states of India. I enjoyed each and every minute and metre of the trip. 1.3 MJD's performance is better than that of 1.4 FIRE, I understand.
    Although my Linea visited 10 states of India, it bottom-scrapes in Karnataka only and not in other states. If driven slowly and carefully, Linea just glides over the humps. My Linea didn't bottom-scrape even once in Mumbai during its two visits.
    I upgraded my Linea's Blue&Me SW to v5.5. Now, the iPod gets charged while playing simultaneously.
    Congratulations and best wishes.
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai

thank you pammuluvcars

thank you J Ravi

one more query to all:-
    How to recognize the manufacturing month and year by car serial number or is it embossed on the serial number plate?
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I always wondered how did you do it as there was not much decoding info/ standard codes on decoding Fiat-India VIN. It was all scattered. Only after a few months research, we could do it.
  10. Satej

Satej

Mumbai
    hey where can i get
    1. PTFE fortified coating
    2. Orbital polishing machine.
    3. Jopasu microfibre cloth
    4. Jopasu duster- wax coated thread.
    help me in sourcing out the above