1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Italian beauty at its best, this time in Tuscan Wine- Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Italia-Linea, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: Italian beauty at its best, this time in Tuscan Wine- Li

Congrats Amit on the wine! Its an amazing color, the more I see it, the more it grows on me. Happy mile crunching.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

thanks guys.

i am observing the following, linea owners please give your experiences here.

1. diesel clatter " kad kad kad" noise at speeds of 1200-1500, especially when engine is cold its more. its only in that rpm.
    2. Turbo punch - i know its a variable turbo so i should not expect the punto punch, the turbo starts picking as low as 1200-1300 rpm, but i think since the engine is new the turbo is also mild.
    3. Blue and me is not recognizing Two, it pics zero when i shout 2, whatever ascent it might be. i think its a bug.

i purposely took the black matter as the grey were looking dull. but anyways i think they should be rubber matts. these attact lots of dirt.
    i am looking forward for the armrest leather in front as well as rear. but no one is assuring me good finish as they say its difficult to stitch on the very low gaps. also no one is ready to stitch leather on the door panels.

@Vikas- the steering cover and gear knob leather is very much black. its matte black. the snaps have come that way as i have polished the dash which is shinning whereas the leather is looking dull grey.
  3. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore

3. Yes it doesnt for me too. I think it has to do with the way Americans pronounce two its somewhat like 'tvoo'.It's from Microsoft so might be it recognised american accent.
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune

City Driving Experience:

took her for a congested city drive today. i was worrying if it will be underpowered and difficult to drive or keep up the pace.
    But thats not the case at all. Linea starts rolling without the touch of accelerator. immediately shift to 2nd and turbo starts spooling low from 1300rpm and pulls the heavy car perfectly.
    3rd gear is the most useful gear in linea. it pulls the linea at low speeds even at low rpms like 1000. the rpm needle climbs quickly so does the turbo boost.
    with 3rd gear slotted you can drive her the whole day in the city traffic.

so far i am very impressed the way the linea drives with linear power delivery.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

I agree with your views on city drive-ability of linea. Linear power + very good drive-ability is the USP of Linea MJD.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune

today i managed to test the ABS on my linea. braked hard on gravel road which was totally vacant.
    i got mild pulsating pushes back from the brake lever :wink:

music system : its crap man, i cannot withstand the rubbish music quality especially when my alto is loaded with jbl75.4 , illusion audio compos and ground zero 12" sub, jbl 6X9" ovals and boston/philips 2 channel amp. :devilface
  7. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore

Maybe its time for you to get all those fitted in linea.You will be spending most of your time now in Linea ;)
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune

1200 kms update: a major character change in performance ::T

I have crossed 1000 kms on my linea with my recent year end trip to Diveagar, Konkan.

I managed a decent mileage of 21 kmpl for the trip even though i could not speed due to major ghat sections and narrow roads.

i am in total shock - how can this car handle so well :dance

but again i am shocked - how can this car scrape even shallow pot holes. :A
    the ground clearance takes off half the fun from such a beautiful handling car.

I am skeptical how this car will perform on inclines and in city and highways as some people mentioned its sluggish and lethargic etc etc.

but i think this car is not at all sluggish. i have to literally keep braking hard in city due to the way that this car picks up speeds.

the 1st and 2nd gears are short, but this is must to move the heavy car from start. as soon as you step on the gas pedal and shift from 2nd to 3rd the car zooms crazily. the turbo picks from very low rpms and i never feel the lag as in case of punto/swift. agreed it doesnt have the swift punch. but thats the main moto of VGT - controlled turbo boost = linear power delivery = great drivability.

due to the heavy weight of the car while climbing the ghats you need to keep her above 1600-1700 rpms. in 3rd and 2nd gears climbing ghats is breeze provided you master the art of driving a linea.

on the slopes the same weight proves the other way round and the car is superfast. hitting 3 digits on the speedo is a breeze.
    even if you take the foot off the gas pedal the car keeps rolling very long distances very smoothly.

The engine noise on my linea is very very less. while cruising i dont head the engine noise at all. its a super silent smooth engine.

As soon as my diveagar trip was over in which i kept engine working throughout the time - there is a major change in the character of the engine.

the engine has become butter smooth, the initial stifness has vanished and the engine has freed up a lot. the pick up has increased marginally.

the suspensions and the HPS is way better than most of the cars is have driven. the suspensions gulp the pot holes easily and the precise heave HPS gives the most accurate handling. so accurate that i can confidently negotiate even the edges in the ghats.

i had a instance in my trip where i had to pump my brakes very hard as a goat appreared right in front of me from nowhere at speeds of ~70.
    i thought i will get some mutton, but suddenly the car stopped and all at rear seats were pushed in front.
    i dint feel that car skidded at all but still the ABS pulse ran through my foot.
    i dont know what happened for the moment but it was like khad khad khad under my shoes and car stopped so quickly.
    the braking is a strong part in linea. the brakes are super-efficient and bring the heavy car to halt without any fuss.

besides the low ground clearance i have nothing to cribble about the car.

i am getting a consistent 17.5 - 18kmpl i very heavy pune traffic.
    my office is 30kms one way and i am glad i made a correct decision to go for MJD than T-JET.

i was sold upon T-JET and it was a dream but sooned i came back to reality and went the practical way of fuel economy.
    i know T-JET is a rocket but MJD is not a slow coach either. :redcar
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Italia-Linea- So you are Amit_mechengg from the other forum!!!! :) Just realized that today.
    You are getting excellent FE figures for that kind of city traffic. I guess I am becoming a heavy footer day by day. Need to change my driving habits. My FE has dropped by 1.5-2kmpl.