1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

It doesn't consume fuel to run...... literally

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by chakrarv, Feb 9, 2011.

1. chakrarv

chakrarv

Coimbatore
    Finally after a long time I'm back in the forum...... I'm amazed by the mileage of Linea! Well, I bought the car mainly considering the mileage (class & segment leading), but I'm truly amazed by what it is returning. I have done 7000 kms now and I'm getting 15.5 km/l to 16.4 km/l of diesel in town (100%) with AC on at all times (I keep the AC/Engine running even when I'm parked in the afternoons). Last month I went on a trip to Bangalore and back (875 kms in total and I did 360 kms in 5 hrs 45 minutes from Coimbatore - Bangalore) and believe it or not I got 21.3 kms/l on my trip back to Coimbatore and an average of 19.2 km/l including a 100 kms in Bangalore traffic. :wow Again, 100% with AC and I was doing a constant 120 km/h in the 4-lane road. Amazing !!! Rs.2.30 per kilometer, common Volkswagen try and beat it....... any car company for that matter. I filled up at Coimbatore and on the way back I filled up at Avinashi (about 45 kilometers before reaching Coimbatore). Brilliant FIAT. :dance

Now, for the grouses, nothing much, the ergonomics could have been better, the ground clearance could have been a bit more, some more sound deadening to reduce the NVH when doing high speeds, positioning and the design of the side mirrors could have been better because at high speeds the wind noise is too much, the door beading could have been better since it allows lot of dust inside.

FIAT has to look into its dealers and their service quality, GEM Motors in Coimbatore is the worst service center in all my 15 year car ownership experience. I'm going to go to TAFE for my 15k service, hopefully they are better. But, Mr. Siddhagoundan of TATA Motors was very prompt and quick in directing GEM Motors in rectifying the AC problem in by car and after three visits to the workshop the AC is working fine.... great actually. Thanks Mr. Siddhagoundan. ::O :clap

Overall, me and my family is having a great time with the car, my wife is bowled by the looks, by young daughter loves it, my elder daughter doesn't dislike it... well that is something.... happy motoring :car :car[attachment=0:2dcmvqkf]IMAG0227.jpg[/attachment:2dcmvqkf]

IMAG0227.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Welcome chakrarv. you own a brilliant car with superb machine.
    You know almost half of the Indian diesel cars runs on this machine.
    Keep FIATing!!!!
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    21 km/l is not astonishing but you got those figures cruising at 120 is surprising. it can give good mileage but 21 at 120 is really great. has any diesel owner achieved this. my uncle's diesel never gives such figures.
  4. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Yea it's really surprising. Mine has run 1100 KM 2/3 on highway 1/3 in the city and i never drove it above 110, in fact mostly i keep it between 80-90 and i am getting 20+ average so far, and i haven't run the AC so far. So we must ask the gentleman the driving trick ::O
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I regularly get above 20km/l on highways while cruising at 100-130 most of the times with ACC ON.
    Best I have got so far is 28km/l in a night highway drive with no traffic and speed 70-90.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    These are good figures and I would say somewhat better than what is normally expected.
    Please update your figures in the "What's your car's Fuel Efficiency" thread
    here: http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214 If you have not done that already that is. :up
  7. chakrarv

chakrarv

Coimbatore
    The trick is not to rev hard in each gear and just allow the car to pick up speed on it's own pace and you will be able to get better mileage. The 4 lane road runs for about 200+ kms (when driving from Coimbatore to Bangalore) and you can cruise at 120 kms/h speed at 2500 rpm and hence the mileage. I do not know if we will get this mileage if driven hard and in traffic infested/congested roads. The other trick is to drive the car <= 2000 rpm and it will return even better mileage. In the same road if we maintain 80-100 or below 2000 rpm range in all gears it should return more than 25 km/l. :car
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Same FE for my Linea 14 -15 kms inside city with AC & Highways a little less 18 - 19 kms/lit.

Chakrarv sir regarding your service for 15k kms contact Yogesh the Service Advisor at Taffe. He is knowledgable & good. How much kms has your Linea run.
  9. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore
    TAFE folks are very responsive, check with Yogesh. My Linea has run 6600+ km and am getting 16.5 km within city and highways around 19-20. Also, lately I am seeing lot of Lineas in Coimbatore.
  10. chakrarv

chakrarv

Coimbatore
    Hi, yeah I will be going to Tafe for my 15k service, my b-n-law bought a Punto on my advise and the GEM guys spoiled the car on first 3k service, they are the worst :A . I'm familiar with TAFE since I owned an Indica 4 years back and serviced it there.