1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with OEM Alloys - Need Help

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Narayan, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Recently i have been told by my SA that 3 of my OEM alloys are bent internally and there could be a need to change them. I have done 28K in my GP since March 2010. Is this a problem that is common to all GPs?

ANy suggestions as to how we can mitigate this? Im not for spending another 25k in getting another set of alloyes within 18 months of my purchase, at the same time, i need help in making sure that my wheel bearings do not get damaged do to running with bent wheels (balancing issues etc.).

i feel a little bit of rough ride between 100-110 kmph, which i think could be because of this problem. Im located in chennai and any thoughts (if possible with contacts) to get this corrected will be of great help to me !

Thx
    Narayan
  2. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi narayan , i have also faced the same issue in my punto(3 alloys got bent) . I think the alloys are definitely of inferior quality. New alloy for punto is about 12k which is very expensive . I went for linea steel rims with linea wheel covers and i am quite happy with the way they look. It costed me around 5k for rims+wheel covers. Or u can go for some aftermarket alloys but for punto u will rarely find 98 PCD alloys . And try to be very quick in changing bent alloys because it will severly affect ur tires. I changed them after running them for about 5k kms and now my tires have gone bad and my car sways a bit on uneven roads due to mismatch in the tires.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I have read some issue with alloys in this forum. A search would help you.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please clarify the term "INTERNALLY", what does he mean by it. If the bends are visible to u then yes it is caused due to neglect driving or if u bought them seperately then there might have been the issue of the previous owner selling them coz they got bent due too his fault and repaired them and sold'em. can u post a pic of the bends so that we can help in a better way
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Internally, i mean they are not visible outside. I was told that they were bent on the inner side. I have not personally seen them, and the next time i visit TASS, i will ask them to remove the tire for me to get a photo of the bend portions.