1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with My FIAT Grande Punto Emotion Pack DI-1yr OLD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sumit_jain_usa, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Buddy lets give FIAT some space to cope up with the Issues, they are trying their level best to satisfy the customer, but TASS should also cooperate and invest some money in stock items,
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Tony, what do you suggest ... Donations?

i am sure they are doing nothing. they dont even update their website properly neither respond to any e-mails. one has to hand pick certain email id's of fiat employees and probably please them to get any response. i remember i send 4 emails regarding my concerns and nothing happened .

most probably i believe it is rather easy money for fiat guys with tata . as per JV they would get suggested share of whatever tata show up at the end of month.

gurjinder , let us not debate on corperate thingies. i wonder when did volkswagon entered india and how they are doing now.
    i know fiat and heard fiat more than any other car . doctors,businesspersons etc of 80's and back all will say one name; Fiat.
    i believe fiat1100 modified is what is premier padmini. i rarely heard name padmini but Fiat for the same car.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Yes, we all need to put pressure on FIAT to keep sufficient stock of all spares and transporting spares should not take no more than 10 days across India.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

The fact is FIAT here is not at fault... The dealers are at fault... I had a talk with many dealers and spares managers they told me that if you place an order for a spare part, if it is made in india it will arrive in two days and if is made outside india it will arrive in 5 days, which i feel is very normal but the problem is the dealer itself they don't stock spare parts as the car sales is on the lower side and they consider spending the money on Indica spares rather than FIAT spares. Once you take your car to the dealer for issues the SC guys take more than a week to evaluate the spares required and then place the order hence the delay... I think the only good solution for this would be FIAT should either open their own Showrooms and Service centers or they should open spares and accessories stores in cities.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Shashank.. I agree with you..It would be better if FIAT opens at least spares shops in major cities. Why I say major cities is at least other dealers can source spares from them easily without much delay. Opening full fledged FIAT service centres would not be that easy, but spare part shop is not that difficult. Then regarding the mails which we are sending to top officials..just imagine how many mails they might be getting from across India on a daily basis. They are in one of the top most position's in FIAT India ltd and we cant expect them to reply to all our mails . What they can at most do is forward those mails to their subordinates . But how they will respond to this is still a '?' . But they need to have a proper mechanism to check out how their customer grievance calls are handled .
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

If you're saying that VW has its house in order , then you're sadly mistaken. It has its own shares of sales/service problems.

You're not getting the basic point - That the presence of FIAT during earlier periods counts for nothing. It was as fresh a start as there can be in 2009, with production of Linea starting from Ranjangaon in November 2008 ( Ranjangaon factory itself was inaugurated in 2007)

7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ gurjinder, end of the day number of sales is what counts as buziness , which helps in resale value,brand value ,word of appraisals and et al.

fiat does not need huge advertisements to let everybody know about them, but thier product promotion and support is the reason why we all fiat owners are in trouble.
  8. gurjinderji ill be specific to it when we compare maruti with fiat now after reentering its TATA-FIAT which is next to maruti in terms of service & sales network
  9. GOOD news for all the people who shared their thoughts and trying to support FIAT by any means......issues NOT resolved till now even the company guys are mum now and more troubles started to crop up Carpet gets wet if A/C is used for 15 mins or more.....power sterring back to non-PS standard....vehicle hits the wheel arcs when 3 people sit at the back on any bump....paint faded once again.....uffff the list is never ending. The headlights have worn out again with low light..banged into a object and broke my LHS Mirror due to poor visibility on a rain struck night.....this is my worst nightmare of owning a FIAT
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  10. sumit
    thats very sad. never mind.
    take it to a different TASS.
    mail to MR. Manesh. most of the problems will be solved for sure

All The Best
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.