1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with My FIAT Grande Punto Emotion Pack DI-1yr OLD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sumit_jain_usa, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The service guys messed up the thread starter's car.

My only grievance is this - When it comes to FIAT , why does everyone start sharpening their knives the moment they hear something bad about a FIAT car?

Comparing FIAT's service to Maruti ( most common comparison) is an absolute fallacy. How much do you expect from a manufacturer who re-entered the market two years ago, compared to a well entrenched/established one since the past 20+ years.

Which car manufactuer does not suffer from problems? Name me one who has never had problems.

Take this for example. My maternal uncle bought a brand new Wagon R, but in a day the AC gas leaked and they got it refilled from the service centre free of cost. The general view was - "such things happen"
    Had a similar thing occurred in a FIAT car , the first comment would've been - " its a FIAT , it has to fail, they will never learn"

Every manufacturer learns , no one gets everything right the first time. But, while talking of FIAT in our country, if everything is not 100% right , then its a complete FAILURE , its cars are crap etc etc.

To the guys who see a doomsday of ' struggle and hopelessnes' - What about the views of the owners whose cars never gave any trouble?

We must start seeing things from a broader perspective and stop being pessimists.

Gurjinder.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    one of my friend's toyota innova got banged to a truck ,bumper got broken,bonnet got dented some damages to radiator and some cables . he took to service centre they estimated a hefty amount which was acceptable for him.
    got the body work done in two days.
    they informed that certain parts and those cables are not in store as they are rare but would need to order them .
    meanwhile they fixed an old one from the backyard car. after three days the parts arrived and he was called duly . things got fixed in an hour and he was happily returning home and informed me too that his car is now as good as new.

there are couple of such instances from other people also whom are in my knowledge have a happy experience.
    out of them the worst one is fiat,tata is still better they somehow managed to make your car come out of SS if you put pressure . then comes the chevrolet and then skoda. i repeat fiat is the worst they make people merry go round with their service tactics. these are not general opinion but my own observations from the things came to my knowlledge.

let us not keep convincing ourselves by blaming Service guys or poor luck and if nothing helped curse tata.

i read elsewhere about a car dealer manager in this forum who said fiat produces good car but they dont provide proper training or assistance to service side and how much righteous i felt that those words resonate with my observations. most of the fiat technicians are just tata car technician whom had to forcefully take care of fiat because somewhere from his boss side there is a mutual agreement between tata indica and fiat punto .

as for my experience i have learnt that if you are driving fiat be carefull. as i myself had to wait for 2 months to get my front seat replace under warrenty (i thought it would never happen). i wonder if it was some serious part of engine or steering assy what could be the scene; which is much apparent from reviews in this tfi forum itself.

i myself like my fiat and i have no words to explain how devilishly i am tempted towards t-jet or bravo (vit-m issues) but owning is one side of the reality but peace of mind remains haunted .

ps: i would like to add that fiat owners who had happy service centre experience are just lucky .
    most of my friends would agree to what i mentioned above and if fiat could realize the bitter truth and act upon it, how fortunate we all would be.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yeah its really too much now its something like fiat is taking us for granted if they don't produce niggle free cars at lest give us skilled and trained service guys and proper spare parts in time, i got my seat assembly after 4 months and now m waiting for wheel hub from last 5 weeks

hey gm

m thinking its time to strt thread and send our massege to fiat to look into matters serously
    because i think fiat is now taking us granted
    coz i think its now tooo much fiat is not doing nothing for us der are lots of customers whos not satisfied with ass as well as small niggles and ass behavior, even m also pissed off rattling noise at rear left pulling and i showed my car to ass nerul galaxy but they cant find wat is the issue now my car is under warrenty but wat after that it vl reaaly havy for our pockets and also they cant solve small issues in future

and after i saw galaxy free chk up camp and how they work nw m reaaly fear to giv them my car
    we enterd der at 10 am n they gav me my car at 3 that also without wash + they didnt even clean pollen filter as well as air filter even didnt topped up washwe fluid dont knw wat they did with my car at free chkup camp ?

plz if we can do somthing as fiat look into this plz guid us i requst all modds as well as members of TFI
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    You make some valid points buddy.

Let's not forget that Maruti sales are maybe 10 times that of Fiat and yet manage to keep most customers happy. In fact, I would say any manufacturer that sells 2K cars per month should have the most satisfied customers in the industry. Isnt it?

Very true and I agree completely.

That's great! Why can't Fiat do something like this?!

Having said all of that, guys, we need to remember, these problems are a vicious circle. Problems of non-avaliablity of spares will go on till sales improve. Think about this, Maruti sells 13,000 Swift's every month. Any dealer will happily keep stock of even non-running items with them.

If you are a Fiat dealer and the company sells 1,000 Punto's every month, would you keep non-running spares with you knowing that you will have to pay Fiat for these spares in 30 days but God knows when that item will actually sell from your service center?!
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    @amit

Exactly. Good to see that guys are actually thinking rather than being carried away by mere talk. Kudos.

Gurjinder.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jayadev, the parts being replaced under warranty will take time with any car, and be sure you will get more problem getting in replaced with Maruti and Hyundai. At-least, Fiat has replaced all faulty parts of all owners.
    But I agree, this kind of issues shouldn't have come with car.

Just see how i20's owner's are treated for AC and steering issue. None of them got any fix.

Amit had rightly put the issue with spares availability.
  7. Jayadev
    My dad's ANHC had a problem with the steering column they took 2 weeks to order it and another 2 weeks to finally get it and fit it onto the car.
    Now fiat also might take the same time for the process.
    But pol think that spare was a problem so it took that much time.
    Had the same problem been a fiat ppl would be saying arey yaar yeh toh fiat hai.
    Isko aisi hona tha.

That's the mentality of people for fiat.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Nice inputs, How come Fiat ranked #2 in JD Survey ?

I am yet to recieve call from Fiat Italy (TJet purchase). If i do receive the call, I will pass on the feedback that they have to ensure to supply the spare parts on priority.

Also, there should be a mechanism where-in Fiat officials has access to check the ordered parts from all the dealers across India. I too faced spare parts problem for simple mud-flaps and air-filter for my Palio, I had to buy those from my local mechanic.

I would request other TFI'ns to provide these inputs in the feedback calls received from Fiat.

Thanks
    Vasu
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    srikaratluri, do you mean to say that honda owners can have same fate as that of the thread starter...? i cant agree to that.
    honda service and toyota centres are benchmark of quality (this much i have heard from everywhere). and they have built up splendid reputation on same grounds.

i do admit parts availability and procurement may have delays due to many reasons but when it comes to fiat , it is not just mentality came down to our head one fine morning .
    if it was multi million dollar imported car, then it make sense technician may lack know how of servicing,spare parts availability and et al.

but fiat has been in india even before i was born , yet they are struggling to meet both ends.fiat engines and every other technology from fiat is like a boon for other competent car manufacturers..they have more service centre than most of the car brands.....really pathetic ...

i am sure we are going off topic and nowhere helping the thread starter ..but does he have any choice .... as usual emails, arguments ,threats, legal approach do we all have enough time or resources for all these i am scared to death thinking about all these ?
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    No they have not been. I hope you're not talking of the Padmini years.

Nor of the Uno/Palio/Petra/Siena years.

All of that infrastructure was disbanded and FIAT in its re-entry made a fresh start from zero in 2009.

Maruti has had continued presence for 20+ years. Continued presence.

Gurjinder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.