1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with My FIAT Grande Punto Emotion Pack DI-1yr OLD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sumit_jain_usa, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Friends

This is Sumit from Kolkata, i had purchased a punto Emotion Pack Multijet 75HP a year back. This buy was more of an emotional buy rather than for use as dad had his first car as fiat 1100 D.

First 6 months the car ran so good that we used to say that we are proud owner of a FIAT car which all others feel is a waste of money, but suddenly after a frontal impact at 20kmph with a Tata Ace in front made the car go haywire the car was at workshop for 30 days as spares issues. Since then the company people at the dealership could not put the car back to good condition. Now thaey replaced the bumper & headlight even afetr there being no damage to them i have kept all these spares in my workshop & would like to show it to fiat guy that how their dealers are cheating the customers. Both the headlights have been fixed by me in my clients vehicle and they are working perfectly ok.

After the 30 day stint at the workshop when i had sent the car for serviceing there were issues with horn pad, Horn, headlight which were replaced during claim in insurance (forcibly & unnecesssarily changed) just for levelling, rear quarter coming out again,gear shifting & power steering being too hard. To my worst nightmare they had installled two pcs low tone horn instead of High low combination, stuck my rear quarter panels with fevi quick & returned back the car.

The power steering had coming up issues now for the second time as it was not corrected properly the first time, now the central locking has issues the gear lever shifting on 2nd gear 4th gear & reverse does not engage properly has to be forcefully plunged at times, the car has issues with the paint job as it is not matching after two times of trying to match & music system swicthes on as we put the key inside the ignition mode, the rear quarter panels have come out thrice, if we are standing in any parking with car in neutral position and if we siwtch on the hazard light everything in the cars lightning setup starts flashing as if there is a voltage loss this has been complained twice but to no avail.

Now have also contacted some Mr.Lakpa Sherpa of FIAT/TATA Motors PAssenger Car Unit Division he assured me to get it corrected on his assurance i had sent the car to workshop again namely RD Motors in Kolkata (It was always that the car was sent to them) but 7 days they didnt even bother to touch the car when i jacked them for the same as they had promised to give the car back in 3 days but 7 days and no work done citing spares issues. Now some Mr.Sanjay Dutta is the persom whom i have contacted again from FIAT/TATA but he also says that he is new he does not know about my case & would revert shortly but again it has been 7 days since he was supposed to revert.

Please suggest what should i do i am in a dillema as what to do.

Do i sell off the car at scrap prices as FIAT's resale is too poor.

Take strict legal action against the Company & service centre.

Or guide me..Awaiting your earliest replies thanks.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Have you read this thread: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtop ... =20#p34267

Have you tried visiting another service center??

try sending a few e-mails to the higher authorities.. (the email id's are available on the forum)
    Dont just let the service center off the hook.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Take strict legal action against the Company & service centre.
    This is the right way to teach a lession.
  4. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i think u should tr another ass 1st
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    All ASS are same. :A I showed my car to three dealers.
    But nobody is ready to accept that car has low pick-up. Everyone connects ECU examiner & says OK :A

As said drifter,a technician who depends upon ECU examiner is not technician.

TATA people are deceiving us by insisting on ECU examiner.So teach them lession.File suit at Consumer Forum.
  6. I actually received a call from the service centre that the parts have come pleasE wait we will test them on some other vehicle as transit mein spares Damage ho saktaa hai it was ridicullus to hear this.
  7. @sumit
    Try contacting mangesh( I guess)
    His name starts with m for sure.
    He is the person for you to talk with and your car will become like new
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Lodge a complaint on fiat's helpline... Mention the dealers who messed with your car.
    Follow it up on priority & drop a mail to people who matter at FIAT... escalate...

Take legal action if everything else fails....
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    some times i do regret being a fiat owner though my car hasnt given issues yet but when i see other people suffering and hurt beyond any limit . i am left heartfelt.

rest of us give free advice ... go to court,teach company a lesson...e-mails et all i wonder if we all bought fiat to see such doomsday- avalanche of struggle and hopelessness ???

presently i am almost sure that they (fiat) are never going to get better....sigh.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    First call the Toll free and lodge the complaint against the dealer giving them the full details of how they have messed up and still continuing messing it more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.