1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with a brand new punto 1.3 mjd

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by louisjohn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Louisjohn - have you contacted Adit? I once again recommend you call him or email him with a link to this thread. I am pretty certain you will get some response/action out of it if you talk to him. Even my friend who bought her Punto from KHT last month (and did a thorough PDI) had some niggles like tight levers, noise in clutch etc. She got Adit involved, and they fixed the problems for her. Like I said earlier, dealing with KHT cam be a nightmare, but I think that is true with most dealers once the sale is made. If you want Adit's direct number PM me and I will send it to you. His email id is adit_morzaria at khtmotors dot com
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

@Srini - Like you I've also taken an informed and conscious decision of buying a Fiat. Hence we end up in tolerating quite a few things taking them in stride. But as open market customers, is it mandatory that we do it? Or is it our choice? I think its our choice and we let it go. It might be ok if Fiat is selling its cars on invitation basis to customers like us only and does not sell it to anybody. The fact is Fiat is trying to woo all other customers also which constitute more than 99% of market. Fiat can't take it for granted that such things are ok to ALL customers. Whether Fiat succeeds and sell more or less is a separate thing and is actually an outcome of its quality and conduct. To my mind it can not succeed depending on only a handful no. Of such customers. it is and going to have some real tough time in market.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

@Srini - this forum is for the benefit of new gen Fiat car owners to share experiences, ask queries or issues, gain from collective knowledge. Consequently, do not ever hesitate to ask about any issue. As regards the fear of back fire and finger pointing to one who complains, appropriate measures are being taken to set it straight. We've kept forum more liberal with minimal moderation. But that will never be allowed to take it for granted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
  3. redbull

Looks like the dealer tried to push a banged up car on an unsuspecting customer. Man this is so very disturbing. I mean the car is not a shirt where I can look at it and say if its not stitched properly or it is torn somewhere or there is some stain etc. Look at the PDI list, it keeps growing and now probably it is no less than four hour job, and probably it does not cover everything under the sun. You start checking things one by one, and by the time you are half way through you are sweating profusely and your blood pressure is already high thinking you may have missed something - and at the end of the day you probably do and this one shows up after delivery.

Come on man, I paid good money, I put my trust in the dealer to give me a fresh piece and not be thinking "hey I am paying 7 lakhs to this guy, I must make sure he does not pull a con job on me." But the sad part is we are living in a banana republic where the seller can get away with just about anything. So I need to compile that hugh PDI list, plead a "knowledgeable" friend, if not a trustworthy mechanic to accompany me, make sure I do not sign bank papers before PDI so that the bank guy and the dealership guy do take out the money in connivance, slog it out in the sun and what not other madness, because once I take delivery, then only God help me.

I really need to take the next car delivery right at the end of the factory assembly line. I saw this program in NatGeo where a customer (in US) was invited to the factory to receive his brand new BMW Z4 and he is the first one to touch the finished product as it came out of the final stage.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to that.

Its been long time I realized we are just talking to ourselves like paranoids.

This forum now stands only for supporting fellow Fiat owners and read experiences .

So unfortunate.
  5. anantashu

anantashu Timido

Even I had bad experience with KHT at delivery time. Vehicle was not properly cleaned. plastic near boot broken, very light scratches were there (scratches were rectified later).
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

@VP thanks for the soothing words.. I agree to your posts..
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Closing this thread for now, to avoid off-topic discussions.
    @John, if you have something to update, PM any mods or report this post.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

This thread has presented an opportunity to share with all of you what we’ve been observing since some time now. Hence, am opening this thread & closing it just to share this with all of you as an announcement. If anybody wants to discuss on this, please PM me and we’ll discuss it on appropriate platform.

Of late, there has been visible change in the posting on the forum. While ours is a forum particularly for Fiat’s new generation cars & hence certain amount of affection, love, belonging would obviously there; of late it has been observed that quite a huge number of posts ridicule other cars, other forum, members etc which is not healthy. At times, many of the posts sound that other cars are a junk, people buying other cars are foolish & do not apply their mind etc. While we love our Linea’s & Punto’s, lets not exaggerate & portray that they are the perfect cars and all other cars are junk. Let’s call a spade a spade. Let’s do a REALITY CHECK before posting something exaggerated which sounds like a dream.

Also, let’s not ridicule other members who do not agree with your posts. Let the debate be healthy backed by Facts, Figures, Reality - with supporting details.

Thirdly, when a member innocently asks for help or suggestions for the issues he is facing with his Linea/ Punto, let’s try to help him through collective knowledge. Let’s not frighten him by making himself a culprit unless of course it’s clearly showing that his posts are fake & his interests are only to bash.

Till now, we’ve kept very minimal moderation but now appropriate actions will be taken if any post sounds exaggerated, out-of-the-world or ridicules any members, car or forum.

All members are urged to understand this as this is in the interest & betterment of the forum. Let’s make TFI a great forum setting new standards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.