1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with a brand new punto 1.3 mjd

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by louisjohn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maverick

maverick Amatore

This looks like an issue from the dealer, please complain to Tata Motors and they should help you in sorting out the issues. While taking delivery of my car, I saw the rear mud flaps fixed on to the bumper (screws visible outside) and not to the inner wheel arch even after giving in writing to them not to do it. The rear bumper was replaced free of cost by the dealer after complaining the same to Tata Motors.

The dealer is supposed to demo you all the features of the car and they have failed to do so. If they had done that the wiper wash fluid issue would have been noticed during delivery itself.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

TFIans - please stop blaming john for not doing PDI. It was the responsibility of the dealer to do a proper PDI. Sadly the dealer has repaired a bashed up car and given to him. lets support John and help him to resolve the issues with the dealer.

Do keep us posted about how things are going. We support you only and not the dealer.

3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Phew - Please read again to understand. It is correct that you expect the parts to be in stock by the dealer. You expect a very basic requirement. I am not finding fault at that. Similarly, there are other basic requirements that must be met by the dealer or FIAT when some one buys a brand new car. They have their right to expect that. As indicated by Srida in this thread, not everyone are auto enthusiasts and hence it is the sole responsibility of the dealer / manufacture to ensure that they live up to the standard or promptly respond and correct the fault when faced with issues.
  4. louisjohn

Hi Amit

Tks again.
    The meter reading was 8 km when I took delivery.

KHT did not have any stock .

My car was in transit when I booked
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Was the H mark on display in the MID?

8 Km sounds fishy.
  6. retropoppers

After contemplating for days about buying a diesel hatch, i had almost finalised the decision of buying Punto tomorrow.
    But then after reading this thread.. looks like i totally dependent on luck to get a good or a bad quality car :-/
    Way to frightining !!!!
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Not just luck but a lot of groundwork to ensure you get a good car. Tata dealers are a unscrupulous lot & wouldn't bat an eyelid before trying to pull a fast one on you. The fact that Fiat's are slow selling cars also means that a lot of cars would have been lying in stock with the dealer's which increases the chances of damages & scratches.

If you do decide to go for the Punto, do check the car thoroughly for rust.

I really hate the cheapness that's come into Fiat's. When I bought my Palio S10 in October 2003, it was actually a 2002 manufactured car (almost a year in stock at the dealers) but there was not a single speck of rust anywhere. How I wish Fiat goes back to those days.
  8. HI louisjohn,

Please hold adi teamfiat member .. is the correct person to help you. He is the owner of KHT motors Bangalore. I think he will help you and please update the matter in this thread.
    Guys grow up and don`t fight or blame each other.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are in bad luck you might get bad car anywhere.
    Spending couple of hours before delivery makes life easier, and this hold good for any cars.

I think this true with all manufacturers.

I agree that earlier Fiat cars were made better than current ones, but I don't agree that current ones are made cheap.
    I don't have any rust on my car. And this rusting is limited to few. Though these are also not acceptable from Fiat, which is struggling to make re-entry. but these small issues can be found in any car.

We all wish same, and looks Fiat is working on similar lines, we will hear some news soon.
    Hope quality also gets to olden days.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Two questions for you.

1. Are all FIATs running around like rusted buckets for you to put forward this claim.

2. What is your opinion on the umpteen number, no, majority of FIAT Palios whose paint got ruined/clear coat chipped within a few years of ownership due to no fault of the owner. Including our Palio D. Should FIAT go back to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.