1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with a brand new punto 1.3 mjd

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by louisjohn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Whatever little nos they are doing is because of incidents like these and the frequent niggling problems in many of their cars. I think you need to stop day dreaming, Fiat is not selling some exotic Ferrari's here, these are Punto's and Linea's that are very much normal day today cars. Look at the proportion of problematic cars Fiat is selling compared to their sales and them compare the same with Maruti or Honda. Clearly something is wrong at Fiat India. Anyway, it seems like you have a Ostrich attitude so you are not going to accept the stark reality.

Considering the few people that even consider buying a Fiat and the fewer people that actually put down their hard earned money on their cars, Fiat should be holding onto their customers with both their hands. Instead we have a company that dilly dallies over minor issues that can be sorted out in a few days. Result? A thoroughly disgusted & dis-satisfied customer who will make sure none from his circle of friends or colleagues buy the car.

As for you not taking delivery of a defect car, what if the defect was not visible and came up after a few days? Have you got the clutch master cylinder changed under warranty? If yes, Why? You are a smart customer that doesn't like VVIP treatment and did the PDI didn't you? How did you miss that? A few months later your car's elastic pads and strut mounts will give up. How did you miss that during your PDI?

There was a Ritz customer whose ECU conked off a few days after taking delivery. Consider the fact that it's an expensive part and no dealer keeps it in stock. Guess what? Maruti worked overtime, sent an engineer to the dealer and got the car up and running in just a few days! The whole story is there on TBHP. Go and read it. Obviously, that customer is extremely satisfied with Maruti. What do you think Fiat would do? Be honest & unbiased, if you can!

I have said it earlier, it's not the problems & faults that irritate a customer but how a company deals and solves the problems. Maruti handled a potentially explosive situation well. Fiat has mis-handled a minor issue totally and have ended up with a disgusted customer.

I suggest you mind the language you are using because it seems like you are making fun of the customer here. What do you mean by saying, paint defects are easily visible unless you are wearing shades at night? And stop hitting below the belt with your VVIP treatment language. Clearly you have no idea about the difference between BARE MINIMUM and VVIP. I really wish something goes drastically wrong with your car. Let you face the 'Fiat magic' and then we will talk about the VVIP treatment Fiat gives you.

I don't think you people understand what I am trying to say. I am against the posts that people have made here about putting the onus of PDI on the customer. We are telling the customer that since you didn't do a thorough PDI, you cannot now complain that there is a defect in your car! Instead of giving him suggestions on how to proceed with getting his problems sorted out, we, in typical Fiat fashion, have said, didn't you do the PDI? No? Oh well then there is nothing you can do. Suffer!

Using this logic, for everyone that has done a PDI shouldn't complain about any issue till the warranty of the car expires since, after all, we have done a PDI. Tomorrow the dealer can say, I will not cover Clutch Master Cylinder in warranty since you did a PDI and found everything okay.

If you buy a shirt from Raymond's and go home and find out there is a colour mis-match, will you go back and complain or tell yourself that since I didn't try the shirt I am to blame for this fiasco and Raymond's is not at fault!
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Boy ur frustrated, try getting a vacation and relax.

I am yet to find any posts of mine that say the buyers at fault, I simply said, its the fault of all the 3 and not just FIAT, and I am certain u found it hard to understand since my first post u read.
    anyways had a nice time reading a despo's post.

ya and no need to justify urself any further, we all agree "ITS FIAT AT FAULT". and pls take ur words back about something bad happening to my ride, I am very SCARED :lol
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    (munch, munch,munch)
    thought i'd eat some popcorns while watching this debate.

popcorn.jpg
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How bout nachos and couple of glasses of pepsi, hope u don mind my company paaji.

Louisjohn :
    Just get back to the dealer and tel him all this and I am sure he will help u with it, no dealer likes to spoil relations with a customer.

Harmony & chaos
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Folks,

I came to this forum to share my experiences and benefit from others's experience. This does not seems to go that way. Probably I need to start thinking a lot before posting a question / issue over here as it could back fire and people might start pointing fingers at the person who complained.

It also seems that John (who created the thread) is not reading these posts any more as he has not posted at all. Is this how we treat our fellow TFI'ans? This forum has been more democratic than other forums which follow rules and regulations and we came here because of that. However, it does not mean that we can dish out anything to anyone / everyone because we can write anything. I completely despise the comments given by Phew here and you can see in this same (in other posts) forum where he expects all the spares (for his modifications) to be stocked and given a good treatment when he goes to TASS.

Mods - Request your intervention to stop this conversation and close this thread
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Let me remind you of your own posts.

Quoting your posts below:

Is this post not letting Fiat off the hook?

where have you blamed all three? All your posts are blaming the customer for not doing PDI. In fact, you seem to letting off the dealer off the hook too.

I am again asking you to control yourself. Stop making fun of everyone here. It's not our problem if you cannot understand that language being used here.

Did I say you changed the CSC? I asked you if you did. My post below:

I don't know why you have to react the way you did.

Glad you realise the stupidity of your own arguement. That is exactly what I am trying to say.

You log onto the forum and instead of helping a customer stuck with a problem car, you make fun of him and others. I can see the better things you have to do in life.

Besides, I have better things in life to do as well rather than running a website for people like you to log on FOR FREE and make fun of others.

Am I? Calling me desperate and having a little brain? Your posts show you have no brains. By agreeing to my posts you have exposed the ridiculousness and stupidity of your own arguements. That was exactly the point I was making.

Clearly you haven't understood what I have been saying. By now, I don't expect you to understand either.

I repeat, the onus of PDI is on the dealer and not on the customer. Even if the customer has not done the PDI, it does not exonerate the dealer or the manufacturer from delivering a defective car. It's something very simple that I am saying but you will not understand this.

No one said Fiat is at fault. It does seem like the dealer has siphoned off an accident car to the customer. BUT, the customer has approached Fiat and it is their duty to help him.

Don't worry about my words. You have a 'new age' Fiat. It's only a matter of time before something prematurely conks off.

For the last time, I am requesting you to mind your language on the forum.

This is precisely what I have been saying will happen & it has. Instead of helping the customer, people are have conveniently blamed the customer for all the problems. This is not a forum for blind worship of Fiat. Fan boy's like phew have damaged the forum's image.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Amit is right on this , and i agree with him.

The concept of a doing a self PDI sounds very interesting and do-able, but how many bother to do a PDI apart from a select few enthusiasts. Only the basic PDI of checking the paint work etc is done by the majority of the buyers. A majority of the population still buys cars assured by the dealer that the dealer end PDI has been done and nothing to worry about. The dealer PDI is a mechanism created for this very purpose only. So that the customer need not waste his time and energy re-checking each and every aspect of the car again.

If even after the dealer PDI, niggles are found in the car, then the dealer is to take the blame. The customer has trusted the dealer to provide a niggle free BRAND NEW car and if the customer does not get that, then he has the full right to feel bad about it, and convey that right as well to the dealer and the manufacturer.

The dealer has to take the blame for delivering a car having niggles.

The United States has those Lemon laws for this very purpose only. The right for full compensation if a car is found having one too many faults. Manufacturers and dealers in the US are always on their toes to avoid delivering Lemons.

If a great number of lemons are found, then the spectre of a Class Action Lawsuit looms on the manufacturer as well.

India needs something similar as well.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Srini :
    I cant help if u despise my posts or not, coz if I need a light then I simply need it, be it modification or not. No where is it written that one cannot buy parts for modification. So if I ask for a headlight for modification or any other purpose is it wrong. The issue is simple they never had it in stock be it counter sale or fitting it there itself. So is it my fault tht they don stock it.

Anyone person who purchases a car expects the parts to b in stock isn't that obvious. If I expect them to have brake pads in stock is tht too much on my part to expect. If I expect them to have reverse light in stock is tht too much I expect for my so called modifications.

If all this is expecting too much then I think fiat should only stock brochures for their cars. As if v expect anything els we'll be dispised

Harmony & chaos
  9. louisjohn

louisjohn

bangalore
    Hi Guys,

This is John.

I am new to Teamfiat and thank each one of you for the reply posted .
    I really do appreciate same.

I am aware that a PDI was to be done and the car was delivered to me at about 6 pm in the evening

Mr Deepak Sharma - Sales KHT and his team did go thru the car completely with me at 6pm.

However the issues I had was

1. Badly touched up paint job which was not visible at 6pm
    2. Only when driving did I notice the care swerving to the left and also the tripping noise frm the steering
    3. Not a drop of water + wiper liquid in the container
    4. Levers hard

So I agree the PDI was not done as it shud be.
    But these issues wud have come up anyway even if a thorough ( bumper to bumper ) PDI was done

The problems wud have anyway surfaced

My question is why Fiat are so casual in their attitude and allowing such issues on the car
    and sending it out for delivery to a customer.

With their sales figures per month low , I am sure they can give a good quality product.

Otherwise they c

I have paid for a virgin car not for a bashed up, non aligned car

If I wanted a bashed up car - many punto used cars are available on the net
    for a lesser than showroom price.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    John, firstly, I feel this is probably a dealer issue - as in - the problem happened at the dealership. Quite possible that they bashed up the car and then did a quick touch up hoping the customer they sell it to wouldn't notice. Of course, this does not mean Fiat does not need to take responsibility specially when the customer has approached them for help.

PDI didn't matter in your case. Dealer wanted to sell this piece to you, hence, they will obviously over-look the problem that they know they have.

Regarding, Fiat's casual attitude. We really don't know. They have been here for past so many decades yet haven't managed to get the basics of customer care in place.

I have asked you this question twice. I ask it again.

Can you tell us the odo reading on your car when you got it? Also, was the H symbol displaying on the MID screen when you got delivery?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.