1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with a brand new punto 1.3 mjd

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by louisjohn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

cool down guys.

Point 1. We are doing favour to the company by buying their cars. so they have to provide a defect free, PDI ok car.

Point 2. We should favour ourselves by doing the PDI rigourously. When we buy a shirt or pant in market we try it, check whether there is any hole or color mismatch etc.

so its both way deal.

if a car manufacturer is manufacturing defective car, with paint defects, misalignments etc continously , there is a serious problem with them and people should drive them out of business.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Few answers to queries

1. HU playes 320Kbps MP3 without any issues
    2. Most likely you got an accident reapired car (Doors being bashed up)
    3. get the wheel alignement done which should solve the left pulling
    4. Other issues check with the delaer. Most likely you got an accident repaired car
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Neither are Fiat doing us a favor by selling their car to us. It's amazing that you call receiving a properly PDI'ed , defect free car as VVIP treatment! This is the LEAST we can expect any company to do irrespective of the product we buy from them! Maybe Fiat feels the same way as you do and hence the falling sales that they are doing every month!

FYI, I don't have any problem with my Punto. Neither do I have any problem's with Fiat. I have owned a Fiat since 2003 and clearly, Fiat has done something right to get the privilege of getting my business. That does not mean that I turn a blind eye to the atrocious product & treatment that the same company metes out to other owners. Let's call a spade a spade. Both the dealer & Fiat have goofed up here. Neither are willing to mend the situation. Ultimately the customer suffers.

For all your posts, I wonder what you would do if you got a car like the one here.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Customer PDI is done only by the people who are members of an automotive forum. That is just 30 - 40 % of the total buyers. The rest dosent have an Idea of what PDI is. It doesn't mean that those 60 % buyers are to be blamed for any problem in their car. A PDI is to be on a safer side. My Height Adjustment lever got jammed the very next day I took the delivery of the car. I did a detailed PDI but still the issue came in. Assume If I had not done the PDI, should I take the blame for the jammed lever. And I am not gonna blame Fiat too for this unless they get it to me fixing it. The customer is to be blamed only when something broke because of an abuse. For the restof the other failures, the company should take the responsibility.
  5. +1 to Phews thoughts . Only reason being we are talking abt customer care in India.
    If it was in any other part (especially developed countries ) of the world I will +1 to amit's thoughts.Because there , any issues you find with a product the respective company will replace it. Else we can go to consumer court. where the company will be forced to pay hug compensation to the customer.
    There was a incidence in US some time back where a customer who was buying hot tea from a huge restaurent chain ( I belive it was McD) , she accidently spilled the tea on her hand . She raised a complain in consumer court and court orders the restaurent to pay a huge sum as compensation to this lady . Yeah .. this is a fact and not a story .. After this incident the restaurent started to print " hot drinks" on the cup . Can such a claim happen in India ?
    In India , customers are king till they pay the full amount for the product . After that the product is delivered or not .. you are treated in the worst way possible .. And yeah let me also mention one more point ... There are exceptions where customers get good service in India and also who gets bad treatment in other parts of world .. which always remain exceptions
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lol..... I thought whtever little no.s they r doin was because of smart customers like u who pay a certain amount and start dreamin.....

I wouldn't have taken delivery of such a piece only, I have the commonsense of doin a PDI being paid the money, unlike some smart customers who are busy day dreaming....

And faults in paint jobs are quite easily visible unless ofcoarse ur wearing shades at night....and are expecting the vvip treatment. :D

Harmony & chaos

Mod's Note: Avoid SMS lingo. It's inconvenient to the readers/ forum members
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
  7. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

I think you have got a used or test drive car - did you see the H on the odo during the PDI ? While I agree every customer does not do a PDI, I think it is in their own interest to take some time out and inspect the car before delivery as best as they can. Think about it, at the vegetable market when buying Bhindi for 20 bucks, most of us select each bhindi, don't we? Rest assured, a PDI will NEVER identify every problem in the car, but something like a bad paint job or an obvious fault in the electricals can be caught. Wheel alignment probably not because they will not let you drive it. Having said that I remember in 2002 when I bought my Palio 1.2 Sport, I did not even know what a PDI was ! Dealer called me and said car was ready for delivery, I just went, picked it and drove home and almost 10 years later it still drives like a dream and hasn't given me any major problem !

As for KHT Motors, the less said about their sales the better. I had to go through a horrifying experience myself for my TJET chasing different sales guys everytime I contact them and each giving a different version about the date of delivery etc. I doubt I will use them for my service, but that is a long way off. The only way I have seen to get things done there is to contact Adit himself - but he is not available for everything but I must say atleast he tries to help. I recommend you give him a call or email him (btw, he is also a member of this forum).

I do not think we should let Fiat off the hook here, but somehow these problems do not seem like a QC oversight but more like something that happened at the dealer. The dealer does a PDI as well and the onus is on them too if they didn't do it right - so hunt them down and get it fixed !
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

John came to us for some advise and read the forum for what we are dishing out to him. He is a fellow TFIan and whatever has happened to him can happen for any one of us. We ourselves have shared many a stories here on how we have to write to top brass of FIAT to get small things done. Hence, let us not back FIAT management blindly. We are fans of FIAT automobiles and not fans for FIAT management in India. Let us stop arguing among us and try to help the folk with some good advise.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

John, my two cents here for you will be to obtain a copy of the PDI done by the dealer. You have the right to ask for a copy of it. If you can obtain some points from the copy of dealer PDI to prove that the dealer has sold you a defective car then you can drag them as well as FIAT to consumer forums itself.

Check and let us know how we can be of help.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

I completely second Srini and I agree with his views completely.If we could help John some way or the other it be good,rather hurting him,who is already hurt by a substandard piece of car he has received for Rs.7 lakhs(like he says.while we can reject brinjals worth Rs.5,if quality is bad,why not a car-even if it's a Fiat,Fiat is certainly not a saint among automobile manufacturers and I've read the maximum number of complaints against Fiat,in various forums,than against any other manufacturer)
  10. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Hi Folks,
    Lets not blame John for the thorough PDI . Even when I went to inspect my car I was not aware of PDI checks. Luckily I went through many forums and printed out a check list. I had a friend who had recently bought a swift. He was the one who accompanied me during the PDI. The fact is I was all silent and he was the one who was firing questions at the representative. Thanks to my friend.
    If not him, I wouldn't have checked everything mentioned in the checklist. I was too excited at the thought of owning it and blindly trusted the dealer and manufacturer.
    But as some of the folks said, when we are buying 6-7L stuff , there is a certain amount of trust we have on the dealer and the company.Probably that it what prevents us from questioning his integrity.
    The fact is , we have been reading similar incidents every now and then and People who are unaware of such notorious activities are taken for a ride.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.