1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with a brand new punto 1.3 mjd

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by louisjohn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Why is everyone putting the onus of PDI on the customer?! We are actually going to the extent of saying that you deserve it because you did not do a proper PDI!

It is dealership responsiblity to do a thorugh PDI, the customer should only oversee it. I know we all will talk about pathetic Tata ASC and step motherly treatment to Fiat but that still does not mean that the customer should be on his toes getting his new car through it's PDI process. Buying a new car is a joyful expereince, next we will say we should go to the RTO and get the car registered ourselves as dealers are no good!
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit don take it to ur heart, but when spending certain lakh of rupees, a PDI is the least u can do, and if u oversee it(as u said) then there will always be problems, as no one is perfect at doin everything right, thts y the customer needs to do the needful. By ur comment it looks lik the only duty a customer has while buying a new car is make the payment and feel joyful thts it, if anything goes wrong curse the brand, product, dealer, personnel. Kyunki bhaiya humne toh paise de diye the ab tum bhugto

Harmony & chaos

Mod's Note: Please avoid SMS lingo. It's inconvenient to the readers/ forum members
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I second amit, yes one should do PDI to be on safer side, but in reality very few people does this. This doesn't mean customer should get faulty car, if he/she has not done PDI themselves.
    The onus is on dealer and finally to manufacturer.

On funny note, - have a look at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3643-The-Best-Toyota-Etios-Ad-Ever. One can get bad car anywhere.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

+1 to what Phew have said.

Amit, be it FIAT, Maruthi, BMW or RollsRoyce - at the end of the day, dealers want to make profit. Among the pack of them, there will be few who do not want to stretch the limits, but many will just bend the rules here and there to make a quick buck. There are many threads running in other automotive forums where other dealers have given the customer old \ accident repaired cars to unsuspecting customers.

In some developed countries where law and order are much developed,you may not have to oversee anything because people fear the law and will rarely bend it. But unfortunately, it is not so in India till now. As an educated customer, we need to make sure that the dealer do not play games with our car. After all, it is our hard earned money.

Have you ever tried to go to RTO and get the car registered? If you have not, I advise you to try it. It is a VERY easy process (provided you have all the documents) and you will save couple of thousand rupees also. I have personally done it for both of my cars.

@Ravi: Agree - if the customer does not do a proper PDI, this doesn't 'mean' customer should get faulty car. But in reality, many dealers are waiting for unsuspecting customers and it pays to be cautious. In the OP's case, if he would have spent some effort and time to do a proper PDI, most of this heart burn would not have been occurred.

I am NOT absolving the liability of dealer \ manufacturer to fix the issues faced by OP - I am just saying that IF he had taken some efforts, this whole issue could have been avoided.
  5. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    I agree with your thought. How many customers can really do a thorough PDI ?. Many of them will be first time buyers. No amount of PDI will help, if a dealer decides to cheat his customers.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Keshav,

If you think no amount of PDI will not help, check this link - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3610-Pre-PDIed-a-TJET-inputs-needed-urgently-on-paint

This link is by a TFI-an who have identified issues during PDI and have not taken delivery yet. If you do a search, you can find lot of similar threads.

I am sure a dealer can hoodwink a normal customer - that is the very reason we keep a very good PDI check list at TFI. Well, if even after joining TFI and have the resource (the PDI check list) at hand, if some one do not want to use it, then nothing more to say.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don blame the company for ones own unawareness, even after so many cases around, blindly having faith in a dealer is no excuse of getting away. It is because if such people these useless dealers get a chance to cheat and show their true colours.

JAAGO GRAHAK JAAGO

Jo ho gaya so ho gaya.....now lets find a solution.

Harmony & chaos
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I do understand that poor PDI can happen across manufacturer's. My SX4 was delivered with no PDI done - the steering was off center to the left and hand brake was not functioning adequately so I agree that poor PDI can be done by any dealer.

BUT, cases of poor / no PDI are rampant with some manufacturer's - Fiat being notorious about this while some like Maruti , Honda , Toyota have much better control over these things. Compare the volume of cars Maruti sells and complaints that can be traced to poor PDI. Then look at Fiat volumes and you will realise how bad things are with Fiat.

Of course that is ideally what a customer should do. What do you want the customer to do? Pay 7 lakhs and still run around behind the dealer for PDI, documentation, registeration & delivery?! Forget all that, with Fiat, even after paying 7 lakhs, many a times, we are not sure if we are going to get a good piece.

It is this ambiguity that Fiat needs to tackle. They have to make the customer feel comfortable & confident that they will get a good , reliable car free of niggles irrespective of whether he does the PDI or not. Is that asking for too much?

Why not? Fiat is taking 7 lakhs from us to sell the car to us isnt it? It reflects very poorly on the company's integrity when you don't feel confident of them taking care to give you a quality product even after taking big money from us.

Maybe in this case, it is a dealer goof up BUT ultimately it is Fiat's responsibility to ensure that dealer's are disciplined and customer is adequately compensated for the hassles he has gone through. Instead we have a stony silence from every top official at Fiat.

Goof ups happen. Ultimately, it's not goof ups but how the goof ups are handled by the company that determine a satisfied or dis-satisfied customer.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lol....paying 7 lakhs does not mean u own them, remember ur not doin them any favour amit by purchasing a car from them, ur nothin more than the usual customers out there to buy, so don expect a VVIP treatment or service. With The kind of attitude u carry above, no wonder u guys get such problematic peaces.
    u seem to have lots of troubles with fiat I hope u don own any.

Harmony & chaos

Mod's Note: Avoid SMS lingo. It's inconvenient to the readers/ forum members
  10. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.