1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issues with a brand new punto 1.3 mjd

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by louisjohn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. louisjohn

louisjohn

bangalore
    I took delivery of my Punto 1.3MFD frm KJHT Motors Bangalore on 23.9.2011.
    and logged 1600 kms till date .

There are many issues with a brand new car

1. The right side front & rear doors are bashed up and painted ( a really bad job and it shows )
    2. The steering makes a tripping noise whenever turned to the left or right
    3. The vehicle swerves left within 10 ft of travel from the road centre when the steering wheel is left free
    4. The Audio system does not accept MP3 format CD/DVD
    5. The vehicle was delivered without a drop of water in the windshield wiper container
    6. Difficult to open the doors from inside as the levers are hard to pull.

How can a car be sent out of the factory with such issues ??
    Is there no AQL level checks in place and a Final QC done before passing the vehicle for delivery

What I get for Rs 7.00 lakhs On Road + Interest on bank Loan is not a virgin car with good quality which is
    what I expected but I get a car which is got so many issues and sub standard products

People when purchasing vegetables which costs about Rs 30 ~ 40 / kg scan every item and throw away
    whichever is not acceptable

Reg the MP3 audio I contacted Deepanjan Shah / Bosch Audio and he directed me to Vikas Gupta / Fiat Pune
    and Vikas Gupta has agreed to replace the Head Unit.

The 2 doors could have been replaced with new ones at the factory before delivery

The mp3 player cud have been replaced at the factory before delivery

Other mechanical issues could have been checked if Fiat has a competent QC team who are doing their jobs
    religously

Can someone get back on how to resolve these issues.

I have communicated all above issues to Fiat MD Rajeev Kapoor / Salil Narang...etc

regards

John
  2. baska

baska

Chennai
    I guess MP3's above 192kbps would not play.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    John,

It is very sad to see a new vehicle giving so many problems. I faced few issues with KHT motors during the first service and also during the delivery. They are not fit to handle FIAT Cars, at the best they can take care of only NANO/INDICA's

Login to www.fiat-india.com and lodge a complaint. You will get a call within 8 hours.
  4. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    LouisJohn very sad to hear your experience. It seems some foul play has happened in between which I strongly believe could be from dealer's side. There is no way that FIAT is going to repaint & send a defective part from the factory itself. There may be quality issues, but not to this level.

@baska the emotion HU plays songs upto 320 kbps. Not sure about the Emotion pk. Did you get any reply from Rajeev Kapoor ?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    dont worry louis, all these are small issues and can be rectified fully. i didn't understand your issue with the door paint. why was it needed in a new car?
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@louisjohn: Did you do a through PDI before the delivery?
    Can we have some more details:
    when did the HU stopped accepting the MP3 cds?
    The bash and touch up job on doors - did it happen after the delivery or before it?
    same about the doors - did you face it before you took the delivery?

Dealers will try to pull a fast one if given a chance - there is no difference between FIAT and other brands. That is why a through PDI is must.

If all the issues have started happening after the delivery, escalate the matters to higher channels in FIAT.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    1. Clearly it's an accident car that was repaired by the dealer. Damaged doors with poor paint quality will not leave the factory even with Fiat's pathetic QC at work!

2. Not sure what you mean by tripping noise. Is it drum kinda noise? Does it come when car is stationary? If yes, it could be elastic pads.

3. Quite a few Punto's have had the issue to swerving left or right. It could also be the result of the accident (proof: repainted doors).

4. Something wrong with the audio system. Quite possible that dealer may have swapped a defective one from a customer car to get that car out after service.

5. Seems like the car was driven extensively by the dealer hence the empty windshield container. Again, refer repainted doors!

6. Hard levers to open the door from inside? Not sure what that means. I have to say that the Punto lever's feel solid to operate - typically euro feel. It may feel hard if you are upgrading from a Jap or Korean car.

Can you tell us the odo reading when you got the car? Was the H symbol on the display screen when you got the car?
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bro wasn't a proper PDI carried out before making the purchase
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @louisjohn Pls let us know the VIN number of your car
Thread Status: