1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issue with suspension

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Manilruben, Oct 26, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Is Customer an experiment ...

^ Should it not be ekkaduthangal instead of T Nagar?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Yes sir...it is EKADUTHANGAL
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Did they really do that?? What are they road side truck mechanics? The Service Manual clearly identifies bolts that need to be torqued and the value with units!!
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    i saw with my owm eyes the way the bolts are being tightened ..i even asked them why this is being done not as specified ,there was no reply to my question.

So now after Exclusive service centres this should get solved.

This is the main reason why many at times the repaires are not rectified or magnified.
  5. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Kumbakonam/Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same human (mechanics) whether it is Concorde or TAFE or VST or now RDC...What is needed is the change of mind set on the part of these SAs and SEs and techs. Hope FIAT addresses all these issues......
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I am desperately hoping it changes. I am currently living with a bearing-like noise at 4K RPM and an underbody rattle. Tata guys have checked it twice and say "All Okay". I don't believe it. Just waiting for the exclusive service centers in Mumbai (not Thane) to open.
  7. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    ok here is the update on what happened.

The entire suspension front and the rear was removed and refitted all the springs have been lubticated, the mountimg bolts has been refitted with addtional washers , the lateral bolts has been replaced and the car was in RDC for 4 days then we had done a dry run.

The result noise is still not solved now they say the the mounting plates need to replaced and they dont have stock which will take a weeks times to arrive. They also suspect the suspension mounts maybe an issue. 2012 batch cars in the north had the issue and has been replaced now that is a new story. FRIENDS FROM NORTH PLEASE CONFIRM

I also happen to BUMP in to MR Chandrasekar - MD RDC he has also promised that the same will be looked in to and he will take it up personally to solve my issue.

so my white LINEA is on HOLD ..that is secondary WHAT SHOULD I DO IT IS ALMOST 15K kms AND 1 YEAR ISSUE SEEMS TO BE RESOLVED ..

PLEASE ADVICE
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Is Customer an experiment ...

Huh, North South, funny demographics, given that the cars leave the factory in batches to all regions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    manil, as i ve said before, sell it or take it tough on fiat, ask for replacement citing the number of visits to SVC, number of parts changed or rather experimented and putting your life in danger, or go the consumer court way, if fiat didnt oblidge. i know that is just a joke in indian judiciary, will take years of time and wasting lakhs of rupees , but just hope something will move faster in that case with that kind of threat !!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Before approaching any courts maybe you should to get a lawyer to look up any precedents set earlier or "case law" (are they the same?) to see if you have a case against FIAT India at all. I won't be surprised if no precedent exists given the lack of consumer protection in this country especially in lemons.