1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issue with suspension

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Manilruben, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Murli, best thind is to escalate to Fiat, again. Send them full details one more time, keep Mr Mangesh in loop.

BTW, what was last TD conclusion?
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    TD is awaited but today i had taken my cousins PUNTO to the same place we drove it back to back. We found the noice was not in my cousins car. But mine was bad.

Secondly he drove my car and found the noise still excists.

Thirdly we striped the car all seats reamoved woofer doors opened but we did get the noise.

Now official confirmation from TENSIGN is awaited he said he is yet to get the TD car.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

This reminds me of @sathya_sc t-jet. He was complaining of a a weird noise which just wouldnt go away and the same Tenzing stripped his car fo all the doors, TDed it and refitted it but the noise persisted. The following weekend we had met up and during that meet, sathyas car got stuck in loose sand by the roadside. With great effort we pulled it out. After that sathya reported that the noise didnt appear again. Really funny it was. A different kind of mechanical defect resolution which cant be replicated but just happened. Technology sometimes has limitations.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    That is funny atleast one prob i have found out my self that the right quater pannel has a welding joint problem, and secondly the left rear door has a issue .

Now my job driving back and forth from office to home has become a project for me and my friend hope we get this sorted out.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Now for the update :

We took a test drive of both the cars back to back the other car had no noise. Mine has the most noise coming out from the rear suspension.

Dinesh still says it is normal and he said he will check with the product team. he has mailed be back saying i need to wait for 2 months so that if the noise increases they will change the suspension ..

so another two months of wait.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't understand. If your car is producing the noise and the other car don't, then what is stopping them from replacing the suspension now?
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Manil

Better way is to record noise in an Audio / Video Clip and share it with Fiat.

2 months is too long a time waiting and praying that it will disappear.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree, what is there to wait. Seems they are just doing time passing.
  9. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    The only problem is the TATA dealers are not willing to work on FIAT cars any more. They always giving priority to their cars. Once you handed over your car to them for a small inspection/checking they will keep you waiting; till you start shouting. Once you start shouting when u see all TATA cars are getting the priory over yours then the service people will ending up saying all the problematic parts needs to be replaced and the nothing is available now.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ok here is an update ..on the 26th FIAT enginers had a test drive of my car from residence. They agreed that there is body noise which is much above normal tolerence. They have also assured that whole suspension setup need to be removed and re fitted, COIL SPRINGS changed , and all studs , shocks caps and front suspension link rods changed.

They fear that there is major flaw in the rear welding joints welding from factory, they have asked to completely scan rear and crumple zone joints to be inspected and welded again.

uff with so much of issues how did the car passed the INSPECTION ..a million dollar question.

Gentlemen Please advice what should i do.

And FINAL VERDICT IS " SIR EVERYTHING IS NORMAL OTHERWISE WE WILL TAKE CARE" what is normal i did not understand.