1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issue with suspension

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Manilruben, Oct 26, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Is Customer an experiment ...

I feel that this thud is the rear suspension rebounding. It happens when we pass a hump swiftly.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ramjn,

This not only PUNTO every car in INDA will have the issue since the suspension is on the hard seetings for INDIA. All my cars from GETZ , FORD FIESTA , CRUZE also has this issue.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No the noise comes when you are travelling at 10 KM speed on a bumpy road. I guess if one of you can spare your time drive my car then you willlunderstand.
  3. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    AN UPDATE

Third day from service the same noise has started again and spoke through my friend in italy they have said that the rear shocks plate need to welded again in all punto's manufactured till 2011 end and the weak weldinf has resulted in body noise.

Secondly the quater palce joint on the rear pillar can cause noise in some cars. This has been completely rectified in 2012 models.

So my car is back to square one to TAFE for welding.

GUYS seriously tell me should i really continue with FIAT a year old car visiting the service piont 16 times:evil:
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Manil, this is really unfortunate and I could understand how frustrating it would be. But still I couldn't believe that all Puntos manufactured till 2011 has this issue. I am seeing yours as another unfortunate case. Let us hope and see that the problem gets sorted out to you.
  5. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ramjn ,

The other issue is that most of our service centres are in the city now for all practical purpose the true colour of the problems specialy relating to under chassis noice issues comes to light in bad roads. Even in my case when i left the car for service Tensign took a TD and claimes no issue but i had taken car back to my place the whole problem still there.

Now i have requested TENSIGH to travel with me to my house so the real problem comes to light . Pray god atleast now the whole issue gets solved.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too hope for the same. Let us wait and see.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Manil, i would suggest you to sell this when everything is over, than to undergo this torture of going to workshop every other day, n get a new one !!
    oh.. you shouldnt have given off your old punto !!
  8. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ok the day has come to finf out the fate of my BLUE FOX.. MONDAY tensign and me have decided to test drive mine and the TD car back to back in arounf my house to draw the final conclusion on the noise..;) now the question which wanders on my mind are as follows please put in your thoughts...

• If the noise is not solvable then
      • I am planning for a sedan should i stick to FIAT
      • What is the nest step ...writing to fiat has been in vain
      • Should i take the extreme step of driving my car to factory and question FIAT
    • Since most of you are going on a factory visit will you guys help a felow TFI ian to solve the issue
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If the noise is not solvable or not solved by Fiat, don't ever think about buying another Fiat please. Let us wait and see how the TD goes on Monday.

No. You can't question Fiat during the factory visit. That is not in the agenda and none can even take this to Fiat too.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ramjn ,

Point taken, But my only contention is that FIAT is a brand that i have adored and close to my heart and any problem has a solution to it.

The concern here is identification of the real prob and then finding a solution to it, secondaly if this was a problem in all cars then your statement is valid that i leave the brand , but here it is only my car therefore the solution need to be addressed and solved.

So i am going all out to solve this issue i dont want to let go that easily , purely based on the brand reption let see how much i am able to get this solved