1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issue with suspension

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Manilruben, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ok taken care on this.. The Point of 100 PCD alloys was not an issue since we test drove the car with the OEM and still the noise was there.

Latest developements I got a mail from ITALY that a senoir techi will be visiting to check my car and i have also requested FIAT that i will not bring the car to CONCORDE as u all suggested the appointment is fixed with TAFE and i did meet TENSING he did a TD and says that the entire suspension has to be removed and refitted. Secondaly the mounting bolts is an issue. Secondly he also suspects that there is a welding joint error in the car. If that becomes evident the only option left would be that the car be relaced or sent to factory for refitting.

so the car is back to service centre on thursday and will know the fate.

But my biggest worry is should i really continue with my car or look out for an alternative since it is 1 year and nothing seems working.

All my other cars the CRUZE , Hyundai GETZ are in great shape and i bought this one out of passion for the brand....?????
    1 person likes this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you surely have got a lemon !! I ve never ever heard of such a problem in riveting of factory joints !! That can no way happen these days as they are all robotised and there wont be even a mm difference in riveting of joints .. waiting to see what the italian engg is going to say , if its the same problem, ask them to give you a new car, taking this back.
  3. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Varun,

The joints had a gap in the rear and it was rewelded in my car and wood paste was used to seal the same. There is also issue in the rear suspension mounting studs and the gaps were filled using the same 3M paste. But what could have happened is that they were lazy to remove the coil spring the shocks refit and should have used the paste which i think could have solved the problem.

The same is going to be done on thursday at TAFE for sure. Secondly with regard to the welding joint issue FIAT has actually found this issue in most of the PUNTO / LINEA and have instructed them to spray it when the cars are bought in for service. The cars manufactured after March 2012 did not have this issue.

This was told to me by mangesh when i had chat with him on my issue.
  4. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    yes they they are doing experiment with us particularly in india. now we are used to with this type of service.

cant do anything
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If a potential customer reads this thread out of interest in FIAT, take it for granted that he will never even look at FIAT. Not because of the defect in the car, but seeing how ASS and FIAT is handling an issue.
    Why would someone buy trouble by using his hard earned money?
  6. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Why potential customer i am also really confused whether to book my LINEA or not .
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The problem actually is not with Fiat but with the agreement they had with TATA. We know all the Indian majors or the MNCs who are running the business here for longer time treats the Indian customers as testing grounds for their products. So you just better have a one-to-one meeting with the techie from Italy and sort out the issue. May be the stock suspension that was fitted in your might be a defective one (no one produces a 100% perfect pieces is the sad part). In case if they are not fix it in the service center you just claim for a new car replacing this. Now-a-days the customer awareness is very effective. If you are not given a proper answer you would have sent a notice from consumer forum and sit back to make these people to serve better.
  8. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Manil,

Back in Jan'12, even I have faced the similar issue and finally after 3 weeks of R & D it was diagnosed as faulty spot welding. I have documented the issue here and also posted the document they have used for fixing it.

Here is the link http://www.teamfiat.co.in/exteriors-body/4728-krr-krr-noise-rear-grande-punto.html refer to page 2 for document

Couple of months back, same sort of noise appeared again and I even felt like selling off the car, however after 4 days of R&D it was found that noise is from the left rear door.

Thanks
    Naveen
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  9. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    UPDATE

naveen Thanks for the info. That has already been done.

Taken delivery of my Car from TAFE 2nd service also completed. Now coming the issue.

• Front Suspension Noise has been arrested
    • Rear suspension noise arrested
    I had chat with tecky he also confirms abot the noise in his Punto. I was also given another punto drive weather noise is the same as mine, the car did have that noise but not as loaud and clear as in mine. Now the issue is just 50% solved thanks to Ramjn & Tecky.

What remains is this:

When you are travelling in rough roads and un even surface there is a KATAK noise from the rear and some times metal griding noise. This noiose is very evidend when one side is on the rough surface another side in the smooth for example half brokem speed breakers.

I am not sure weather this is a common noise in all puntos. But as per TENSING it is a problem with all puntos.

Please advice.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is common on Puntos is that you will get to hear a Thud noise when you drive on any humps without slowing down.