1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issue with suspension

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Manilruben, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

I own a FIAT PUNTO – 90HP Emotion pack REG NO TN 22 CC 9088 Year 2011 REG Jan 2012. The vehicle has run 12,000 KMS and I am facing with the suspension noise after running the car for 2000km I had contacted your service centre Concorde motors Chennai , after the test drive it was identified as stud nose from rear then I was made to understand that it was out of stock and had to wait for 2 months by the time the o rings of my AC had a problem which was changed and the first service got over at 5000 KMS

After a while I was called to bring the vehicle back for stud replacement on returning to receive the vehicle after 2 days I was in for a rude shock that the stud was not replaced and a engineer from FIAT has to inspect and upon confirmation from him the stud would be replaced. After a week a TATA engineer arrived for the test drive he confirmed that there is gap in welding joints and a spray has to used to arrest the noise. He also informed me that the spray is out of stock and once they receive it they would cal me. After a long wait of 10 days the service centre called me that the spray has arrived and took the vehicle and held for three days.

Now I was told that the link rod in the front suspension was an issue and they have changed it end result it has become so that a small thud noise in the rear has magnified to a bigger noise, and adding to it the front suspension is very noisy now . I took back the vehicle back and took their senior technician on to test drive he accepted the noise and says that there is a small gap in the front suspension it has to spayed and adding to it the door in the front lock is not functioning after I took the vehicle after service.

Secondly the rear door alignment had an issue after inspection they told the hinges is an issue but till today nothing has been done.

Thirdly I have called the customer time again but in vain my complaint no : TATAS 1-17281447828 and they have asked me write a mail to FLOURIDA but nothing moved even after writing a mail.

I really don’t understand what is the issue are the service centres not equipped to handle a problem or they use a customer vehicle to experiment the issue.

I written mails to every one in fiat which i took it from the forum but in vain
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Felt very sorry after reading your post. This might be due to Tata fiat issues.
    As fiat is not trusting Tata guys that's why fiat guy inspected your car.

Customer is used for testing their vehicles then they have to fix their problems as soon as possible.
    Mahendra is doing with their customers. For trial & error method.

Please mail your consern to fiat india. I guess some emai ids are available on
    some posts in forum. Please check these out & raise your flag to the.
    Your all conserns will definately get solved for sure....
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Very sad to hear this particularly when it is 2011-12 Car which should not have had niggles.

I would hate to even suggest it and I know it's against your rights as a customer, but if it is not much of an inconvenience to you, please try to show the car to some other TASC. Parallely, shoot a strong email to Fiat & Tata marking it to all concerned. Speak to few Chennai TFIans also, they can help.

Did the Engineer mentioned how the gap in welding joint would have arisen? Did he say if it was manufacturing defect or could have developed later?
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

The engineer was from TATA and said that it was due to vaccum pores in welding joints and this gets settled when 3M spay is sprayed. But what i failed to understand iswhy did the service guys changed my FRONT SUSPENSION LINK RODS, when i enquired , on a routine check they found it to be weak but now the front suspension noise is on the higher side when it was nil earlier.

Secondly the back suspension noise has become even more worse. After a couple of mails i received a cal from TSS that they had excalated it to the same tata engineer and when i spoke to him he is totaly clue less.

saddest part he is asking me what is to be done ????

I am really worried now every one is giving a crazy look at my car as though my punto landed from MARS.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Manil,

Really sad to see the trouble you are going through.
    Did you try writing an email to FIAT india about this and what was their response?
    What was the Customer care team response.

As suggested by VahanPujari, please try to take it to a different Tata/Fiat SC as i understand that Concord is a direct subsidery of TATA motors and might be notorious in handling FIAT customers. I would suggest to take help from Chennai TFI'an members so that they can also provide any additional contact at the SC also to be able to get proper attention to your job.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    As far as I know, Concorde ECR and Concorde Ambattur are the worst places to get the Fiat cars serviced.

Personally, I prefer TAFE. But, many of them had good experience with VST too. Try with TAFE.
  7. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Can u please tell me the place and any known contact you can refer
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Re: Is Customer an experiment ...

Manil - I believe you've got Sreehari number. Please ask him for Mr.Tensingh number and refer TFI. I can assure all your problems will be solved.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

First priority is to get your agony resolved. Hence, try another TASC with contact persons taken from Chennai TFIans.
    Am no way saying to forget earlier TASC, Tata & Fiat to complain. I faced lot more hardships. At times I did let it go and faced the hardships as I love my Linea first. However, at other times after I went thro' all agonies, I made it sure to raise it and make noise.

Once your car's issues are sorted out, give strong response to TASC, Tata (all regional service Managers) & Fiat. This may ensure that the next time they take care.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    This is pathetic. I want to meet the genius who changed the front link rods !! What on earth was he thinking?

Did the Fiat engineer inspect the car? In such cases the service center guys are supposed to take photographs and email to the engineers. Was this done?

As others have suggested : take the car to some other TASC and get their opinion.