1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Issue with my tuscan wine colour of punto mjd

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drgopusankar, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Hello friends,

i bought my punto in july 14,2011. After 1 month when i am cleaning the vehicle, i noticed some 3 - 5 small bubbles in the right rear portion of the car just below the area of the fuel cap. But the paint is not coming off. But if you move the fingers over the area, you can fell slight bubbling. I am very much worried over the issue. As my first service is booked with concorde at cochin on 28/9/11, i am looking forward to raise the issue there. Please let me know your valuable suggestions:(:(
  2. can you post a pic of that paint part.
    get it checked at tass.
    younfeel the bubble moving to a side when pressed?
  3. thank you. i will soon update with picture. bubble is not moving
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    You can very well get it sorted out with the TASS if the paint seems to be defective. Do not pay a penny for this from your pocket and don't allow them to cover it under your insurance if they are planning for a repaint on this area. But before all this kindly post a pic so that we get a clear idea.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Air bubbles are introduced during painting - you clearly have a case. Ask TASS to rectify it.

Do post pics.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  6. hello ,
    I lodged a complaint with the fiat. They assured me to do whatever possible and assigned the job to concorde,cochin. as I have said, my first service is due on next wednesday. meanwhile I will post the pictures. I find difficulty in uploading the pictures as it is morethan 380 kb.anyway I will try to post the pictures in two days.
  7. hello,
    please go through the picture. what you see as white colour is actually refelection of a white coloured pillar in my car porch

2.jpg
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

this looks bad - i can see lot of bubbling in the paint. Do get it fixed and make sure that they do a through job. Ask them to do a complimentary waxing\polishing once they do the painting.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the biw coat- what u called as lambi sort of thing they do to give good finish has gone bad beneath. you will need a full panel paint.

also take this issue to seniors in fiat managemen, so that further if the case worsens they dont back off.
  10. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Bagalore