1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

is this a rumour or a true NEWS, Yahoo india has still not removed this link

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sriramr9, Feb 18, 2014.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Came across this link and seeing it to be still online.

Fiat Panda 4X4 is coming to India

Is this not a rumour, if so why should a poral such as yahoo still retain them in their database and keep it live.
  2. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    :eek: Its a killer product!!!! This Panda can be the 'Dragon Warrior' for FIAT in India...
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange.... As we can not see anything about this line on official website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Ha ha ha! Nice analogy! All that's missing is a 'Kung-Fu' kick to wake Fiat from their deep slumber! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fiat has quashed all the romours of introdcuing Panda for India as seen in the Auto Expo announcements. If they were really serious of the same, there would have been some news. The portal managed to get the rumour displayed but failed to remove it post the Auto Expo. If you see the last comment was a year back and the news doesnt hold any longer.
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Looks like the Chinese did the honours to what is rightfully theirs ;) atleast for the namesake..:evilsmile

The Chinese surely dont care about patents or copyright infringements as in this case as well.

I say no need for Kung-Fu kicks, let Sonalika motors buy rights from Great Wall motors and we have our very own.. :twisted: :devilface:evilsmile

[HR][/HR]Great Wall Peri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fiat Panda copy controversy
    By December 2006, Italian automaker Fiat was considering taking legal action against Great Wall for copying their popular second-generation Panda as the Peri.[4] Apart from the front end, the Peri was designed to look identical to the Panda inside and out.[5]

On July 16, 2008, a Turin court upheld Fiat's claim and banned the Peri from being imported into Europe.[6] In addition, the court order ruled that Great Wall Motors would pay Fiat a 15,000-euro fine for the first Peri imported, and an additional 50,000 euros for every subsequent car that was imported.[7]

Great Wall launched a retaliatory suit—in China—in October 2009, claiming that Fiat had illegally spied on Great Wall while collecting information of the Peri.[8]

[HR][/HR]
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Your post reminded me of this TopGear video that I had seen a while back! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bNf-jcVU0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  8. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    had seen a cameo sort of comparision between panda and range rover .if fiat launches panda with such ad showing its real capabilities then its a runaway success for sure in india, as more people prefer mini suv now a days..
  9. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Still people will compare the design cues of the Panda with that of a WAGON R, i myself have done it once and got a bashing from Sri Da. I beleive Panda coming to india is no where mentioned in FIAPL's plan.
  10. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    If Fiat has quashed all the rumours about this Model then why did they conduct a technical training in Dec last year? Doesn't make sense...