1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there Technical difference in pump used in MJD, DDi S and Quadrajet?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nbvcrao, Apr 19, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @ kedarbendre

Its nothing but a smart marketing ploy. To make a mountain out of a molehill.

The car , through its on board diagnostics will tell you whether the pollution from your car has increased beyond a certain limit set by Maruti. If it has , a light will come on the dashboard and you'll need to take it to the dealer. Simple isnt it?

Look at the hue and cry created over it being the first car compatible with OBD-II.

This is what differentiates Maruti from FIAT.

The Linea has more features than Maruti can ever dream of putting in the SX4 , yet see the difference in approach to marketing. If only FIAT marketed its stuff as well.......

Gurjinder.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @gurjinder ,i agree u bro! FIAT dont have that tendency of shouting loud about what they have but they gotta do marketing of their stuff properly!!its really needed!...their is a say in our country''Bolane wale ki mitti bhi bikati hai but chup baithane wale ka sona tak nahi bikata!!'' i find out FIAT in same situation!!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    agree with Tron, Fiats wanna wait for the maracle to happen, without taking any initial steps.
  4. Some points from me on this topic :
    About the pump : there should not be a difference in engine if a different pump is used. As far as the pump is being able to build up the specified pressure in rail..it hsould be OK..may be for cost cutting other manufacturers use different make..not sure..it depends on the deal(bw Fiat and Tata)..if the pump is being considered as a part of engine or not ?

About the number of injections : The concept of Common rail is that the fuel is always available at a higher pressure in a high pressure Rail. with this the Engine has the flexibility to decide on injecting fule at any point of time during the engine rotation. Where as in conventional engines the distributor pumps can delivery the fuel at high pressure only for a very short duration of time..And becasue you are able to inject multiple number ot times it is called multijet...the engine behaves smooth as the the fule can be controlled in an order then just a rough combustion ( or explosion ).
    With generations of MJT..some of the injections are also requried to burn the soot in particulate filter..so i believe this MJT next generation with (8 injections) would be introduced when vehicle manufacturers start using DPF with strict emmission norms..for now next generation MJDs would be of no use in india..

Smoke : black smoke is generally soot..unburnt fuel which does not burn. It may depend on calibration...or may be due to ageing of injections system..i generally observe smoke from taxi vehicles which are used extensively.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Almost all diesel cars when floored will emit smoke. Because the input exceeds the value which can be used completely by the engine.

It has reduced on the newer diesels, and was worse on the older ones.

See any Mercedes, Audi, BMW etc diesels. They smoke when the driver floors the pedal in a sudden manner. It's natural and okay.

And like u said , clogged injectors aggravate the problem further.