1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there anyway to "bleed" the wiper/washer container ?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by vivek_lko, Oct 23, 2011.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Guys I had gone to a petrol pump and somehow got "caught" in the web of the sales guy. He was successful in selling me the following product :

s adviced by him I emptied the container in the windshield resorvoir. Result ? Now whenever I do a spray the windshield is smeared withe a sticky fluid that does not seem to get remved by the wipers. Everytime I have to get out and wipe out with the cloth. And now I want to drain all the fluid in reservoir. Is there any way to do this ?
    BTW same day I had also got my 2nd free service done from HIM, wherein as per my knowledge, they just filled it with the plain tap water. Is it possible that this "plain" waiter might be a reason for this smearing, due to the salty nature ?
    In either of the case I want to drain the container and refill it . Any pointers?
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Unless someone has better ideas. Get a thin plastic tube (can easily get one in the hardware shop or you can also get the tube that comes with a saline bottle easily at a pharmacy) with one end in the reservoir and the other end outside at a level lower than the reservoir. Suck out a bit with your mouth and the rest will keep flowing. You might already know how to do this so i'll leave it to your imagination.

Don't forget to wash your mouth :). God knows whats in the liquid.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  3. Gill

Might sound odd, but y don u just raise the present holes tht throw the water to a higher level with a pin and let all the liquid go from above the windshield and not on it, this way it will b emptied in no time then fill clean water and do the same so tht whatever's left in the pipe goes out and then fill it with water and a little shampoo

Harmony & chaos
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Do not suck. Go to a hardward shop and but a kerosene pump which will do the trick.

Also, if you plain water is salinem always use mineral water which will ensure that your nozzles are not blocked. I use water from my aquaguard.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  5. Hi Vivek, I recently had issues with my wiper system as well, ... sometimes the tubes underneath comes off .. if you want to empty the fluid in the container.. once you have pulled up the hood, at the bottom where it meets the hinges you will notice a tube coming from the wiper system, A black coloured tube and it will be connected to a nipple like plug which connects it to the jets above, So you can simply remove it from the plug and have the tube inserted in another bottle or container and press the wiper wash till it forces all its contents through it... hope this helps to get rid of the stuff you got there... I fill my wiper fluid with regular drinking water with a small dilution of WURTH Windscreen wash concentrate, (I got this from the dealer )..It works great on the windscreen..