1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i think Bala is overcharged. i have seen this many times. when an estimate/bill for insurance company is prepared its hell lot of overcharging. but when they charge to customer they charge very less.

i suggest you put the scanned copy of your bill on the forum. after most of the members review it we will pass it on to FIAT demanding explanation / corrective action against your dealer. there is a standard chart for labor and parts charges.

sorry to say - Innova person was a dumb. he should have screwed your driver and taken all repair charges. might be his car was out of insurance/ not valid permit or something.
    there is a golden rule - you need to keep distance keeping in mind ability of your car and your driving and keep enough distance to cope up with someone in front of your slams brake for whatever the reason may be.

always the person banging from behind is at fault. a person in front car stop for many reasons.. may be to save someone etc.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No one came home today from T.A.S.S as was told to me,by now almost all the engine oil is on the floor of the garage,,Rs.2,311 on the floor and the car unusable after paying 92 k for the repair.Nice gift from FIAT for being the only person in the whole district to have bought a LINEA.
    Iam not moving the car anywhere either with the diesel tank leaking and oil tank leaking with no or little oil left.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is really unacceptable.
    No idea what to say? Just make sure they don't charge you for mistakes TASC did to you.

Better call Mangesh directly, and see if he can escalate.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes !

My dealer also charged Rs.2200/- for labour of Suspension job,because I done a Insurance claim. All dealers take chance to earn extra money when there is any Insurance claim. Because they know that owner is getting insurance claim . So let's make a loot :firey

After all " Money Hai to Honey Hain "
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Bala,

High time to be tough with that TASS & Fiat also.

• That 3M charges are just a hogwash. Insurance company won't pass it. And when you're paying for the painting work, its TASS responsibility to restore the paint to its original quality - whether with 3M or with 4M or 5M, thats TASS prerogative & their decision. Charges to you can be only the manufacturer approved painting charges. SEEK A REFUND - from TASS + TATA + FIAT
      [/*:m:2esmvuf8]
    • Those miscellaneous charges of 16K seem to be for Painting & Labour. The bill shows e.g. front bumper cost of Rs. 2,666/- thats only the raw bumper without painting. Painting cost is another 3K-3.5K & likewise for other parts also. But ask for the details & breakup. Usually TASS mentions Painting & Labour charges, why your TASS did not mention is a question mark.
    • Seek a claim for Rs. 2,311 for oil + Driver charges + Fuel charges + local commutation charges per day for no. of days the car is handed over to you till its repaired back.
    • Also you should have asked TASS how much cost Insurance company has approved during its survey. Insurance survey is coordinated by TASS only & they got to inform you what all Insurance company has approved & what all is not approved to be paid from your pocket - to start the work
    • Don't take car to them now. Ask them to come with a Flat Bed truck & take your car. Tell them that after all the harrowing experience, you do not wish to get it repaired half-heartedly in your garrage without all the equipments required. When the entire TASS with all facilities could not do it properly, how will 1 mechanic ensure everything repaired without any future damage? Ask this question point blank.[/*:m:2esmvuf8]

Write strong mails to TASS + Tata + Fiat - all three.

@Fiat - If you are reading this, its such disgusting experiences that put off the buyers. After the past baggage of perceptions, what you need is a top-of-the line service with customer coming out with delight every single time. Whereas, this is just the opposite happening. If any company which can ill afford these the most, its the Fiat at this juncture. Get over it quickly & get rid of all root causes/ system lapses for all such issues. Take Actions against the erring ones.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Amit,Ya,am waiting for one more day and have asked my Dad to travel 160km by train,go to T.A.S.S and pick up an arguement(unfortunately even he is not good at that just like me)and see what he has to do that at this old age,running behind T.A.S.S people.I've taken video and pictures in his mobile camera to be shown at T.A.S.S and still I expect them to say that this happened after delivery.
    Can you tell me how to find out if the 3M Treatment was done at all??,I couldn't see any difference and it was only from the bill that I discovered.
    About the bill amount and the amount that can be claimed from the insurance company,I only wanted my car back,I was so blinfoldedly passionate about the car that I did not bother about paying from my pocket.Even today if the car is fine,it's O.K with me but the car is nothing but fine.
    Yes,I too do not understand the rationale behind their sending a technician but I thought that it would be the R.S.A guy who might have some tie up with any mechanic shop around.I have asked them atleast to send him with oil,telling them that otherwise it would lead to engine seizure.
    Paraflu isn't used,(GOLDEN cruiser sunstar is used)is that O.K?
    Again,coming back to the question I raised in the first page of the thread,was it worth spending a lakh for repair on a car worth 4 lakhs as per IDV??,without knowing if that would bring back the car to normalcy.That question is justified now.My father said that expensive Hondas and Skodas were seen at the poilce station(post accident),disowned and now I realize that their owners had wisdom.I loved my car so much that I would go to any extent to get her back to her normal self,but FIAT and T.A.S.S do not care.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Bala:

If you are not paying the entire amount of 1 Lac plus from your pocket to restore the car back to life.....I think its worth it.

Consider this....

If you junk the car right now...what is the money you can recover from the car.....it will be sold in scrap. you have spent more then 7 Lac close to 2 yrs back....Scrapping this car and buying another one....makes no financial sense to me.

The better option would be to Repair it....use it for 2 More years....and after that go for an exchange offer and upgrade to may be a Fiat Bravo ....or you can sell it in the open market it will fetch you close to 2 Lac.

My 2 cents.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Bala,

No need to get into that. Just tell them you never wanted to do 3M treatment. You are against any treatment. Tell them that since they've done it at their own risk, you want the refund & you want them to do the painting all over again to Fiat's Original & OEM standard without any 3M / or any other treatment. If they try to bulldoz saying 3M is necessary, ask them to give it in writing with endorsement from Fiat company that its a must to do with Fiat paint. Do not spare words & stick to your stance of getting the repaint, only then they'll understand.

All such treatments are very subjective & very difficult to say whether its performed or not. My advice is you do not get into all that. You just tell them that you hate any such treatments & want OEM paint only. Stick to that stance only.

Whats with ParaFlu? If you referred to it by ParaFlu Coolant, then I think any coolant can be used. I even used to add water when the level was reducing in my Linea. But, again you ask them that the approved brand as per Manual is ParaFlu, & why have they put any other coolant? Put pressure again & seek refund.

These guys have done enough to you. You got to be tough with 10 things attacked only then you would get positive response.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Amit.
    Here is an update,after logging out of TFI,I couldn't sleep last night,wrote a sober mail to ceo,mangesh,service @fiapl at 2 Am,describing my plight and not to punish me for being the only person in my district to buy a Linea.Action was swift,atlleast 15 different people called me since morning,every 30 minutes,all but one being from TATA management(FIAT management should have given them an earfull).2 guys from a TATA dealership from my place came home,inspectedsomething and askedme to drive the car to their A.S.S,I too did so(not bad,a state of the art service and sales centre-TATA just 3 kms away,there is another hyundai one 2 kms away).I just got a call that they snapped the damaged part and sent it to TATA,it was some oil sump or pump that has to be replacedThey have made the diagnosis and Iam leaving to pick my car and bring it home.The FIAT person asked me to bring the car to Chennai but I declined saying that driver does not want to do,a risk of fire possible with leaks.They have not yet accepted the diesel leak,probably not much is left after the leak and they couldn't identify.Let me see what Iam told to do next.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    thats a great news. but this time dont pick the car until all problems are sorted out. pour in diesel in the tank and ask them to inspect carefully for any leaks. dont hurry to pick your car.