1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Vijay Khasa,I got a reply from Mr.Mangesh.Got a call from the T.A.S.S that they are sending a technician to my house(which is 160km away)tomorrow,Yes,as you have rightly said,this is not the first time,last year after the second service too they sent home a technician to change the wrong engine oil and now this year too to fix the leak in the fuel tank,engine oil tank.Poor quality service is an under statement,it's the worst,will MARUTHI or HONDA deliver a car post repair with fuel tank and oil tank leaking??,unimaginable.Even a road side mechanic shop would do a job better than TASS.If FIAT makes spares available OTC,we can help ourselves,why didn't friends from the forum who visited the factory raise that issue??to make spares available OTC just like MARUTHI or hyundai??
    Yes,as you have rightly pointed out why not the recommended paraflu???,should I ask??
    Thankfully,we netizens can quickly track the fault and write to FIAT,imagine the plight of the general public who buy FIAT cars?? :confused
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Bala: could you please give me some Idea about the accident and visible damage that happened at the time of accident. I read through the entire thread and could not get an Idea of what happened at the time of accident....and what did you do there after.

I know its a trouble but please do it for my sake ...I want to know what happened.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Vivek,it happened like this.
    It was raining very badly on 3rd of December and the car was in the last 30 kms journey of the total 700kms journey.An innova was ahead of our car and our driver too is a reckless one,my dad was sitting next to him and he says that he was not speeding at that time and he says that he did ask the driver to apply brakes and did ask him twice and still the car rammed into the Innova,Dad says that car was not speeding at all as the traffic was heavy.Don't know why,Innova guy just stopped and picked up what ever fell down and fled(ideally he should have fought and demanded money for the repair).Dad says that there was running water on road and may be that was why braked dind't work.
    After the accident the car was taken to the near by police station,complaint was taken(no FIR was lodged as per the advice of the policemen there-one was a 15 year long patient of mine and was helpfull).The car stayed in the police station all night and was driven to TASS next day.The driver on the way to police sation drove the car over rubbles and punctured the diesel tank and increased the bill.
    I paid 92K from my pocket and only today the bill is given to Insurance company since this was the first working day after deliver of the car.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Bala,

Sorry to hear your plight - Looking at this one needs to be careful while driving a Fiat, until it runs fine it's all okay, but once you get into the hands of TASS they screw up all the happiness you've.

I've a few questions on the items listed in the bill

1. 3M exterior protection - Did you even ask for it, if not ask them to refund it.

2. 20. miscellaneous(accident repair hood rh fender fr rh qtr pannel ) - I saw that you entire hood has been replaced so what did they repair then?

3. Help me understand the Fuel tank stuff - The previous line reads fuel tank Rs.4400 and the next line reads denting and painting diesel tank. Now why would they have do denting a brand new tank - I haven't had any previous experiences and hence the questions.

Hopefully you'll get your car soon and forget all the woes.
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Well as far I could understand ...the dynamics of the accident could have been......

1. Innova driver slammed the breaks....his vehicle stopped dead in front of your car.....your driver applied breaks but due to late reaction...the car did not stop and rammed into the innova....

2. Innova driver was at fault of slamming the breaks in middle of moving traffic and he knew he would be held responsible ...so he collected his dislodged parts and left in a jiffy...(A classic case of He applied breaks his car stopped...and you applied breaks you car did not stop ....or may be your driver was too slow to react.)

3. Your family took car to police station....but did not file an FIR (This could be a problem....as the Insurance company would ask for a report of FIR before settling the claim because as per their records it was an accident case).

4. Fire your driver for being stupid enough to further damage a damaged car.

5. I hope you did click the pictures of the car before and after the repairs.....and you did did get to see the parts that were broken and replaced.

6. After repairs picture should have all broken parts that were replaced in front of the car.

Well the only place these guys could have troubled you are ...if they billed you for the part they did not replace ....and with the labor charges.

Regarding Leaking Fuel and Engine oil....... make sure you pile on them and get everything done or threaten them with legal action.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Teky,all your questions are very good ones.
    1.No,I did not ask for 3M treatment,besides how does the treatment help when the primer itself is visible here and there.Now that it is done,do I have to go for further treatments at intervals??
    2.20.misellaneous repair expenses for about Rs.16,000 is too much,that too as you have rightly pointed out with the entire hood replaced.Do removing a little dent in the quarter pannel cost 16k??,there are no yardsticks to calculate or compare such expenses and that is why these guys overcharge,knowing fully well that the customer wants the car back at any cost.
    3.Fuel tank-you are right,even I was wondering,the entire tank is replaced,then where is the nessesity for removing dent??,may be it was the fixing charge or it was for removing dent in the protective shield .
    Didn't you read completely?I already have the car back,with oil and fuel tank leaking and the car is simply unusable,for all the 92K I paid for the repair.

Vivek,valid points.Yes,the Innova guy applied brakes suddenly and that caused the accident.Yes,he applied his brakes and his car stopped since there was no water there but my car didn't stop after breaking since rain water was running underneath.
    Regarding FIR,both the police station and the insurance company said since there was no injury to any one thankfully, just a certificate is enough from the police,which I do have.Besides with an FIR,the police clearly said that I would have to attend court and all that stuff for which I do not have the time and energy.I would rather pay the money myself.
    I did not click pictures after taking delivery of the repaired car,thanks for reminding,I will do.I do have pictures of the damaged car.
    No,I did not get to see the parts replaced.I did insist that all the replaced parts be placed in the boot and returned but was not done and the reason is very obvious.They gave a silly reason that the insurance company wants the damaged parts back and made me look like a stupid.
    Yes,I do think that they billed me for the parts not replaced,but I thought it happens with any A.S.S.
    About leak in oil and fuel tank,let us see what the technician does tomorrow,am sure they would tell that it happened after I took delivery of the car.I have no steam left to fight these guys since my profession per se needs a kind of fight all the day.
    The ownership of this stupid FIAT car is very tiresome.We have had four cars before(Padmini,M800,Ceilo and Swift)for 20 years before this and all that we did was just fill the fuel tank,tires and pay an annual insurance premium and we thought it would be the same,but now see what is happening.We always have to keep thinking while being in the car as to what would fall apart next and where would it leak here after.Here lies the answer to the thread-What fiat needs to do more to sell.Sincerely,it would be better if FIAT does nothing to sell more and save the money of ignorant customers.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Before paying the bill through my father I asked the .S.A to read out the entire bill in mobile conversation.He cleverly left out the 3M treatment and Miscellaneous expenses and my father is too old and not as clever as these guys to discover any robbery.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @Bala,

Fleecing of the patients with insurance is common in hospitals. Now the insurance companies will have to contend with this phenomenon in automobile workshops too. we will have to pay more premium in future if this trend continues.

Abdul
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Bala, the replaced/damaged parts are the property of Insurance Company if you opt for insurance claim. Insurance company scraps the damaged parts and recover some of the cost that it paid for repairing your car.
    And those 16000 charges are for painting of hood and other parts mentioned.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @vIjAy_kHaSa,

It is these undamaged parts (eg the turbo and other parts that bala said were hardly damaged ) that are included in the insurance claim that land up at the used parts market and one can get them really cheap. there are specific dealers for each brand in every market who have access to such parts. There could be a connivance of the service center, insurance co and the used parts dealer to make available such parts.

Abdul