1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Bala poor work done by TASS.
    I would suggest you to call fiat RSA helpline 1800-209-3428. Also file a complaint against your TASS at Fiat service helpline and email id service@fiapl.com
    Engine oil leaking is a serious problem. If engine gets starved of engine oil due to excessive leakage the engine of the car will get seized due to overheating.
    If you still want to drive it to TASS take a extra bottle of engine oil with you and keep checking the engine oil level at regular intervals and topup as necessary.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

hi Bala, sorry to hear about the after repair ordeal. i suggest you call the fiat folks and tell them oil is leaking a TASS has done a bullshit work after gulping your 92k rs.

tell them to send a flat bed truck and pick your car on that instead of driving a leaking car.
    can you please tell us what all was covered in insurance and how much you paid from your own pocket?

mainly mail ceo and other fiat heads that you want a certificate from them that your car is fit and roadworthy and the repairs are as per standards.

strictly mail them that you dont want a road side mechanic jugad sorts of repairs.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    @Bala: Just got enough time to browse this forum after a long gap and hence this thread completely. Sorry to hear about the damages to your car. Don't worry all is well and will end well. Do post your experience on TASS. That would help one and all.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Thanks Lively young man for the kind words,but all is not ending well,it's only continuing to become worse by the day :cry:
    Iam posting the break up of the bill:
    1.engine oil-part number-oo59064468-rs.2311.11for 4 lit
    2.other item? rs129
    3.oil filter-570318139905 rs.329
    4.fuel filter rs.2038
    5.brake pad set rs.2657
    6.brake disc rs.1982
    7.replace brake pad?? rs.300
    8.R/R front brake disc replaced rs.820
    9.brake calipers,remove and install each rs.360

so a total of Rs.10,630 for the third service

Brake up cost of the accident repair,ill post shortly

Today,I wrote to ceo,service and mangesh,got a reply from mangesh sir,that he will sort it out with TATA(ABOUT THE LEAKS)and that I will get a call shortly and that I should be patient!!! :confused .Already I've become a patient post purchase of a Linea! ::pP
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Thanks Vijay khaksa and Italia Linea,but even a road side mechanic jugad would have done a better job when compared to the guys at T.A.S.S.It was just 4 or 5 screws that have to be tightened to fix the mudgaurd above tyre,they did not even do that and the mudgaurd got disengaged and it had to be cut to make way for the tires to rotate.Now I've tied the remaining mudgaurd with a thread in the holes provided,an indication of future things to come.That the mudgaurd is cut,all the wires,cables in the engine bay are exposed to mud,dirt and water.
  6. Bala, thats sad to hear that the car is stil not ready !
    Make noises and pressurise FIAT to act quickly.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

T.A.S.S. overcharged you.
    Why are you charged for brake job 3 times it should be just one. For replacing brake pad it's obvious calipers would have to be removed then why are you charged for caliper removing and reinstallation. Brake pad replacement include those charges.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Yes,Vijay khasa,You are right and that was why I too added a question mark next to the replace brake pad charge.

Now,here is the break up of the accident repair cost:
    1.hood bonnet rs.5768
    2.bonnet hinge lh rs.630
    3.bumber front with fog(no lamps) rs.2666
    4.radiator grille rs.1777
    5.head lamp rh rs.3466
    6.head lamp lh rs.3466
    7.fender front rh rs.2266
    8.bumper front central grill rs.641
    9.crossrail assy rs.1534
    10.radiator dsl rs.4851
    11.a/c condenser rs.4714
    12.electrofan rs.9882
    13.heat exchanger rs.4426
    14.coolant golden cruiser sunstar1400m rs.241
    15.resilent bush-part no.005700545 rs.126
    16.resilent bush 0051810206 rs.104
    17.ac gas refilling-r12(su bros) rs.1850
    18.exterior treatment-3M rs.1800(Is this 3M treatment??,I had never asked for it,it doesn't look good either with white primer looking out of the FR paint here and there)
    19.standard checks-10 lit diesel rs.400
    20.miscellaneous(accident repair hood rh fender
    fr rh qtr pannel rs.16,000(whats is this miscelaneous thing,which is so expensive?)
    service tax rs.2005
    final part invoice amount rs.52,389
    final labour invoice amount rs.22,115.

1.fuel tank rs.4400
    2.miscellaneous(denting and painting diesel
    tank) rs.450

So,in a total,I paid Rs.92k plus for the repair cum third service(without raising a single question) and my car is still lying unusable with a leaking diesel tank and a leaking engine oil tank(Rs.2,311 paid toward engine oil has gone down the drain with nothing more left,all oil spilt all over the floor under the car)
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Have you got any reply from Fiat service helpline
    TASS in your area is big :thumbs down. Fiat should look into this seriously. It's not the first time they have given poor service quality to you.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Really pathetic service. :hit

How much one can be patient? These guys don't want to correct itself, just doing short term solutions.