1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    When I demand that I will continue with the original parts,they come up with ready made answers-there will be rattles,malfunctioning.Even in the case of Turbo they intend to change(costs Rs.50k-reason enough to change it),I was told that a team will come from FIAT and inspect and approve it,since the insurance company has declined to approve.One needs to be tough,but in my case I have no time to travel,leaving aside all my jobs(which comes with a responsibilty tag) and contest all their claims for change of parts.I've decided that I would rather pay these guys rather than leave my job and keep fighting them(which is the ideal thing to do)and they know it extremely well.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::pP It is at this point one needs to be really tough and get written statements from SA and mail copies of it to Fiat and take them to task. But I can understand the trouble required to do that and the trade off between your job and cost of repair.. it is really tough. Wish you all the best. Hope you get your car back in good shape.
  3. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    It is still hard to believe that how can one pay for the goof up done by these guys in first place. Is it not their moral responsibility to accept and fix it by themselves. What if there was some causality, the loss would have been unimaginable, do they ever realize that?
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks everybody guys,My lovely car is back.I will try to post my experiences,have just posted in the other forum.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The other forum is down with a malware attack sir ji. Do not visit that site for sometime. :)
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,paddle shifter,you were correct,the malware attack was on when I was posting the message,I still went ahead and posted,ignoring the warning that flashed,will anything happen??
    About the total cost incurred for the repair-92k,that included 12 k for the third service,both brake pads and discs changed since I had raised suspision about the brakes.
    Though the car looks like new,there is a lot of inconsistency when viewed closely,large pannel gaps under the bonnet(just like in Indica cars,where you can view the engine through the pannel gap!)
    Wiper washer tank lid missing,wheel alignment,balancing not done(got it done outside for Rs.450).Am yet to inspect closely and take a drive,will post after that.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good that you got your car back, after long break though.
    How is your brake behaving now?
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Ravi,I haven't driven it yet,did not find time,will do and post my experiences.
    But I would say that one month and 10 days taken for the repair was very short and quick by any standards,would have been even quicker,the car was ready on 28th,but they had forgotten the diesel tank that had to be replaced.They did not order one even till 4th,when I wrote to Mr.Ajay Bhatnagar,even as I was checking the mail sent,I received a cal from him,the order was placed on thursday,invoiced on Friday and received on Monday via flight.Good job FIAT/bad job TATA A.S.S.
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Congratulations bala... ::T

You should post the pictures and your experiences first on TFI... Awaiting update
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks fastlove,I shall post about what happened and what is happening in TFI.
    Now there are 2 huge collections of something-some fluid under the body,one just one feet from the front end and the next about the middle.Believe first is the engine oil leaking and second is the diesel leaking.Very bad,I have to find a driver to take the car to TASS,which invovles 350 kms travel and 500 Rs driver fee.These TASS guys did not even check this during accident repair in all the 40 days the car was with them and is also a security risk to take the car with something leaking from underneath.
    Next,they hadn't fixed the mudgaurd under the left front wheel arch properly,it got disconnected within 170 kms from the TASS and started rubbing the tyre making a huge noise,I had to find a blade in the middle of the national highway,cut the part that was hanging and then proceed.
    Very very poor work by the T.A.S.S people,am surprised that even 300 people are buying the Linea every month and I do pity them.