1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I just visited FASS and asked them regarding the problem. They said it's not a problem, this happens in all vehicle because we apply half clutch and brake at the same time and clutch and brake uses the same fluid. It's best to apply full clutch and change the gear and then the brakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Whoa! That's news. Brakes and clutch using same fluid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Ya that's what the main engineer communicated. And to my satisfaction he actually could repeat the same in other Fiat vehicle that were parked there and it did happen to my surprise. The only way is don't apply partial clutch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    So if I change brake fluid, that's actually also clutch fluid that I am changing?

5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Correct, but I believe the braking issue at slow speeds is more due to the brake booster not having enough vacuum. If the rpm drops too low, not enough vacuum is generated.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's a fact. There is a single shared chamber for both brake and clutch fluid.
    1 person likes this.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I changed brake fluid some days ago to Motul. How would that change my clutch performance?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wrong conclusion. FIAT UNO & Palio has also same fluid to use clutch & brake.
    Those cars doesn't have this problem. Many engineers misguide customers by giving wrong justification.
    They don't admit that their brain is not working & they are not suitable for post of WM & engineer.

It is foolish advice to apply full clutch & then use brakes.
    If you press clutch first,car becomes free & you have to press brake paddle with more pressure to control car. To press clutch paddle first at the time of controlling car is most fool advice.