1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    You are absolutely right Rajeev and that was why I too raised the same question in the first few pages of the thread,if the car should be repaired at all and we too had 2 small accidents in our earlier 2 cars and we also sold them immediately.But with FIAT car,I treated my car like a family member and still do so and thought and asked to myslef,what if a family member is injured,will we leave her as such?,won't we take care of her??and that is what Iam doing now,but FIAT should also cooperate
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys,

ECU patch and pressure pipe will be changed to resolve this issue completely. I hope all 1.2 owners will get calls from FASC soon. This patch is applied on my ECU today. There was only one pressure pipe available which I left for another Punto owner who is about to sell his vehicle just because of this issue.</SPAN>
    Kashyap Fiat has already placed order for more pressure pipes.</SPAN>
    I am not feeling much improvement may be because I was not facing this issue earlier. Also, Fiat official told me well in advance that actual improvement can be noticed only when pipe is replaced.

Keep up excellent work, Fiat!</SPAN>
    1 person likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Guys, today while moving in a slow moving traffic my brakes didn't function properly. This happened earlier also once and now. Both time in very slow moving traffic. I'd to apply the brakes hard and release and apply again. Had clutch also applied at same time. Is it normal, or should I get it checked?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Even I had this problem initially when I bought the car. Changing the driving style will avoid this issue. pls search through the forum. This problem was discussed in detail.
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    So u mean the problem in this thread and the one I'm discussing is different? And is your a new 2014 vehicle? Mine is just a month old :(

6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    dear pra.agar,

yes u need to get used with punto specially if you have MJD........ U need to change your driving style a bit...... MJD has been tune not get stalled while driving on lower speed...... I have observed number of time initially when i purchased punto... at first or second gear if i try to apply a break with clutch together the MJD surge more and i filled that break is not working....... finally i learn that first apply little brake...push clutch and down shift to low gear....... release clutch... U will see a precise braking of your MJD....... While doing this keep your brake pressed do not slammed...
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I think the break pads get worn out every 30k kms or even before depending on the driving style and the traffic that the car is driven in.
    so better we get the break pads changed on our own even if the service centre does not Insist.
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Mine is a 1.2 Dynamic petrol car just a month old. The brake pads are as good as new.
    If ppl have been facing this issue in slow motion I think then this is a issue for sure.

9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Brake problem of my 90 HP solved automatically after solving problem of poor performance at low RPM
    I was not getting low end grunt from engine & huge turbolag before replacing leaky EGR cooler Body.

Due to better output from engine at low RPM vaccum pump of my 90 HP is spinning better and providing sufficient amount of vaccum.
    Now I am only touching brake paddle to control car even at 3 digit speed.:D

I have not used petrol GP & Linea.So can not comment on it.
    But major reason of poor vaccum assisted brake is vaccum leak.

Another reason generally we overlook is that hard brake pads & liners. Check hardness.
    For checking liners stike it. If specific metal sound (tang-tang) is coming your liners are hard.:evilsmile
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Bhai, that was some pretty good information. If the braking is not an issue inspite of hard brake pads &/or liners, how far should one continue to use these. Or one we go for a change immediately.