1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Bala : one can get extended warranty within one year of purchase of car...
    Extended warranty aprrox. Rs.6000/- .. Also heard that Fiat's insurance co. has changed so the cost would differ !!!!!
    RSA package costs extra .. Didnt go for it ...

Dilip
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Dilip,I would suggest every one to go for Extended warranty,several parts are of poor quality and we might need the warranty
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I got extended warrant at <5000INR for Linea 1.4 EPK and yes RSA costs extra, but then RSA was not introduced when I bought the car.
  4. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Sorry for going OT. But did you get any coupons or document for the ext warranty. I seem to not see any such for my punto. I do have payment receipt for the same though.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^^^ I got an extended waranty booklet ...
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The all new BONNET has developed two bulges,5cms apart.I've read about bonnet bulges of other's Lineas,now they are there in my car.Seems that FIAT hasn't yet found the cause and rectified,even after 2 years after the launch,Very poor.
    My car has anyways to go to TASS again for A/C condensor replacemnt.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Bala SIr : hw many times hv u visited tasc ? Ur probs never seem to end ...
    Still hats off to u , to ur dedication towards ur car ...

Dilip
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Dilip for your kind words.
    After the accident happened and the car was delivered post repair,my car is visiting the TASS every fortnight,the problem is it is 160 kms away.I always had trouble with TASS all these 2 years-wrong engine oil,door locks were made loose and shut like autorickshaw doors(since I had asked them to check the lock,which were perfect but lil tight till then),power windows stopped working and had to be taken back to tass to fix the issue,after post accident repair,the car immediately started leaking oil and fuel and the car had to be rushed back to fix the issue,then the A/C condensor stopped working,car taken back to TASS,order placed for the part and will have to be taken back to fix and now bonnet bulges.Besides these there are huge pannel gaps in the repaired parts and there is white putty and primer every where.Still as you have rightly said I have dedication and love towards the car,after all I had wanted to buy a FIAT car since when UNO was launched in 1997,when my grandfather booked one,which was never delivered.So,it's a kind of liking running through 3 generations. ::T :confused :hit :up
    But,I only wish that TASS does not become even worse so that I have to say :bye to FIAT once and for all.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    But I will have to say and accept that people at TASS are very kind,friendly and affectionate!!,today also an SA called me and extended his enquiries to my father.I only wish they had even a little knowledge about cars,atleast as much as that of a road side mechanic.My father is all praise for them and very stoutly defended them and prevented me from writting about my issues to AUTOCAR and DECCAN CHRONICLE.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Is there a problem with FIAT's breakes?

Bala,
    Sorry to hear that you still have unresolved issues with your drive. Also appreciate your patience.
    My family had a bad experience with an accident car in the past, that's y I wrote that last sentence.

Rajeev

Rajeev