1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Amit,it's new india assurance and they got the sign before delivering me the cheque,which they did 2 days back.I think it's a kind of consent for aggreeing to the amount of settlement.It was only Rs.45,000 out of 74 K(94K-all inclusive,service charges included)
    The latest problem in my car.The A/C condensor has stopped working,this just within 10 days after the car came from T.A.S.S and just the very next time car was taken out.Again my 72 year old Dad has to travel 320kms to fix this and they will again claim that this happened only after 10 days after delivery(I could not take the car out in these 10 days and check).Iam constantly worried as to what will happen next.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala,

In future , I think it would be prudent for anyone of us to call any of our members in your phone list or post the issues on the forum and wait for suggestion / clarifications before signing on the dotted line for any suspicious document. It is a lesson for all of us.

Abdul
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    sorry to hear your plight bala. keep writing to ceo corner and people on the list on our forum
    fiat dealerships are setting up wrong examples. they are proving that one should discard his car as scrap if he meets with accident.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Immediately after the car came back from TASS,the A/C stopped working,we found that the compressor conked off.The car was again taken to the TASS,third time in 45 days and the spare was not available.So the car will have to be taken again to TASS in 5 days for the 4th time,when compressor would have been procured.My fear is that the 2 years warranty expires in exactly a week and that the TASS would deliberately delay procurement so that I can be charged.Is A/C compressor covered under warranty and should I go for extended warranty(how much does that cost)and is it covered under extended warranty and how much does compressor cost??
    Am in constant anxiety as what would conk off next,with one part after another failing every fortnight.
  5. Thats really sad Bala. Very sorry for you.
    Time and again, repeatedly these guys are testing your patience.
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Bala,

Bring your Car to Coimbatore, Tafe Acess. This service center does a very good job.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Binzi,there is no patience left in me,only the patient in me is left!
    Actually,it's the condensor that has conked off(as was told by the SA over phone this evening)and again this was the part that was changed during the accident-repair job done last month and I was charged Rs.4,700 for the A/C condensor and now how can this happen?.Well,even if it had happened by chance,shouldn't they have stock in spares??.My car came back after just the diagnosis and will have to travel 320 km again once they have procured the condensor.Well,how am I expect to pay Rs.4,700 again,twice in one month???,for the same spare??.Either,they have not changed the condensor at all,during the repair job and just added it to the bill or it was not fit properly or it was substandard in quality.
    My car is travelling 320 kms(and my old father too)to the TASS every fortnight to fix some problem or the other,all because of the negligence or ignorance of the fiat/tata mechanics and where will all these take me to??
    AVOID TAFE AT ANY COST AND AVOID FIAT TOOBY ANY MEANS.(I immediately called the other TASS to check for the availability of condensor,pat came the reply,when it comes to FIAT cars,the only spares they stock are atmost the fuel and air filter!,rest have to be only ordered,pathetic)
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The original warranty-2 years of my Linea expires in another 5 days and with my car developing a new problem every fortnight,I wanted to buy the extended warranty.I contacted the showroom only to be told that it's not possible and there is no provision to buy extended warranty any more.Is there any way to buy extended warranty for those cars which were sold with 2 years warranty only??
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Bala: Talk at FIAT Service Support Toll Free number. Since all new cars come with extended warranty and RSA by default, so probably the person whom you meet doesnt know how to process the extended warranty separately. I would suggest you to go for complete RSA package and it should cost you around 5K for Linea
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Viny,I will contact toll free number.