1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Amit,thanks for your efforts and help,seems some one has pulled up the service guys,but still,they are and will be what they are.
    Kaps,I did send you a PM,do not know if you have received
    I have received the car back,my Dad did go to Chennai,travel 320kms again,3 times in 10 days for this purpose.
    My initial impressions(not yet driven the car and it's too early to check for oil leakage),I instantly got a lump in the throat and felt sad when I saw those 15 scratches in the all new painted A pillar.Well,how did they happen??,my Dad had asked them to reduce the pannel gap in the bonnet(after they had fixed the new bonnet,the gap was so huge that you can even see the engine through it just like in Indica cars)and to reduce the gap they had crudely lifted the fender with some crude instrument and those scratches happened.Moral:If the problems are simple do not go for fixing them,the result will be even worse and so live with those simple problems.There are atleast 10 big scratches in the bumper that has happened as a result of the T.A.S.S guy driving the car back to the workshop from my house.Moral:always drive the car yourself or with the help of your driver,T.A.S.S guys drive the car like racers.
    Help needed:I opened the bonnet and the lever almost came in hand and is now hanging precariously,have read that it's easy to fix it back,but how??
    I'll post the details of today's bill later.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    They need to be pulled up regularly, it seems. Pls let know the feedback apart from what you've already mentioned about scratches.

The lever has some Penta/Hexagonal groove which snugly fixes on the body with similar moulding. Try to softly rotate the lever & take it out. You will see it & will immediately understand it. Its easy.

PS: Its still painful & hurting to see your father had to travel 320 km 3 times in 10 days for all these. You're a true Fiat/ Linea loyal & a true gentleman at core while dealing with that TASC.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Amit and Kaps,your writting to FIAT has worked,got 10 calls again after the delivery of the car,but sadly dog's tail can never be straightened.Today,as an after thought,I suddenly remembered and bent down to look at the new mudgaurd/wheel arch and shocking it was.The same screw which was not fixed/absent last time leading to it getting detached and disrupting a highway journey is missing again.I checked it on the other wheel,it was present there and here in the all new mudgaurd,the same screw-the last one is missing.Only God should help me and prevent this mudgaurd from falling again and disrupting a journey.Useless T.A.S.S guys,they are unfit to fix even a screw and FIAT is trusting these people.Well,I may write to FIAT again,but I know what kind of answer these guys will be ready with,You removed the screw yourself sir,it was present when the car was delivered,the very same answer they gave when the oil leaked.Hopeless people,chennai guys AVOID TAFE at any cost,they will talk sweet,but only the manager is genuine.
    Anyways,here goes the latest bill:
    1.wheel arch protection-front Rs.321( I had paid for the same part only last week and it was these guys' carelessness that it was lost and I have to buy one again)
    2.oil sump(w/0 BAFFLE) Rs.566
    3.sealant Rs.56
    4.sump gasket-renew Rs.650

total Rs.1,779.
    What prevents these guys from fixing a screw??,laziness or carelessness??.I might sound like making a mountain of a mole hill,but this is the screw visible to the eyes,what about the ones in the engines and other crucial parts??,how can these guys be trusted?.
    Amit,about the bonnet opening lever,it is broken.I was very gentle in pulling it,but still it was flimsy and it came in my hand.Poor build quality.Again it comes to ordering this part and taking the car for a long distance for a small problem,which could have well been avoided,if only FIAT was more attentive.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh no Bala, your car is not getting ready by these guys. Even Fiat is helpless :hit .

Please do check properly before taking delivery next time, this is more important as you stay far from any TASS.

And about bonnet lever, I don't how it came to your hand, but i feel it is not filmsy, at-least i don't feel its weak.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Ravi,I asked my father and the driver to check everything before taking delivery,but how to check every single screw???.Besides one has to bend all the way aching the knee and back to look at these screws.How can these guys miss the screw,it's so easily visible and it was sheer negligence or their foolish thought that 3 screws are enough and why did FIAT make a 4th hole!,the very same thought that made it fall apart within 150 kms last time.
    Very bad,Iam going to look at everything tomorrow,haven't done that and got to test drive
    I had always entrusted people with work earlier and did not always cross check.
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Bala

That bonnet lever is not hard fixed. It can get detached and can snugly fixed. Check again before ordering it.

Regarding that TASS absolutely horrible service. Somehow there are many complaints for Chennai service. How about VST ?
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    VST has knowledgeable guys and their work is more proffessional.But,they are never accomodating and compliant.For example,I had bought a pollen fillter from their spare parts centre(it was unavailable at tafe)and took it to their service centre which is a quarter km away,but to my shock they just declined to fix it in my car saying that since TAFE was servicing my car I should get it done there which I finally did.Just a 2 minute job,still they didn't want to do that.Bad.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That is preposterous! :firey
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Today I signed the agreement forum from the insurance company stating that I have accepted to take Rs.45,000 as a final settlement.(this is out of the total amount of Rs.74k plus paid towards accident damage repair)
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Bala,

Why only 45,000 out of total 74,000??

And what sort of form is it? Except for Claim form, I never heard to sign any other such settlement form & I claimed insurance for umpteenth no. of times from umpteenth insurers. This somehow sounds like "maandwali". But why should you do it when you're perfectly right within your rights?