1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is there a problem with FIAT's brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, Dec 5, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Bala,

You're a gentleman ! Again they'll fix the leaking tank & you'll forget everything else. All phone calls you have received, did you narrate them the whole story including billing & overcharging?

I suggest you must still maintain overcharging for 3M + cost of Oil leaked + Diesel leaked & any other overcharging to Tata officials. Let the TASS come under pressure so next time they will be careful.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No,the car was required to be at the T.A.S.S in my place(it services only TATA cars)only to verify and confirm my complaints of oil,fuel leaks and they have accepted oil leak and rejected diesel leak(how can i prove this,it evoporates immediately).After I was asked to take back the car after the diagnosis of oil sump damage,the fiat person(I did not ask his name)called me again and said he will follow it up.Yes,I started narrating the entire story like the mudgaurd falling off and exposing the engine bay,where he cut short the conversation and said all the matters will be looked into.
    My only hope is since the engine is the same as that of Manza's I expect them to change the sump in this TASS itself,not asking me to bring back the car to chennai-160kms away.Let me see what happens,but a lesson well learnt the hard way,with a HYUNDAI showroom/service centre 2 kms away,it is stupidity on my part to buy this white elephant from 150 kms away.
    The car is back with me leaking oil....
  3. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Thats why I'm saying that you stick to your DEMANDS. Speak to only Tata & Fiat guys & put forth all your demands duly documented by mailing it. All those 15 calls you received, they were to address your demands, right? Do not restrict it only to get the oil sump repaired.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    An update,I sent my father to Chennai by train,he went to the TASS.I do not know what transpired the,S.A and another TASS guy called me and started talking arrogantly,asking me to bring the car by myself to Chennai.I asked him which driver will risk it with tanks leaking,to that he told and shouted,you tow the car and bring it.I asked him,why should I take that pain when you created the problem??,he replied,it was you who created that and the car was fine during delivery and it happened after 10 days.I got angry and shouted in phone(lost my voice!),today is only the 9th day and it happened the very same day even as the car was parked in my garage.He just hung the phone asking me to bring the car if I want a solution.I got vey dejected and decided to fix it a relative's garage(he is very good,having worked in the middle east),but by then the TASS manager had come to know the problem,he had come out, seen my father and immediately recognised him and he immediately arranged a driver,who came home by evening and I've sent my car with him to chennai.
    I asked the S.A,who asked you do 3M treatment,to which he replied,I told you about it and you said yes!
    The local T.A.S.S guy who inspected the car yesterday and sent pictures to Chennai,confirming the leak and the damagaed oil sump dropped another bomb shell.The Chennai TASS guys have actuallty asked him to some how fix the leak(like we do with araldite) as a stop gap arrangement and burry the whole thing,which he denied(he said he has undergone treatment from me)and just spotted the problem area and informed them,telling me otherwise the car may run now and breakdown somewhere in the middle of the road.
    The entire T.A.S.S setup is an unproffesional one,just doing some half baked job.Fiat car owners are the unfortunate ones.
    I did not even ask back if the car had reached Chennai,they are going to do another half baked job and return my car anyhow.I do not have any hopes here after.There is no point in questioning them too,since they can do only what they know.
  5. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Bala,

The email that you sent to all Tata-Fiat officials (to which you got 15 phone calls for resolution), reforward that email to all Tata-Fiat officials including top management updating with this latest update verbatim the way you got response from SA & that your father had to go there 160 kms away at his age personally. Keep that mail trail going updating everybody daily. Tell them you got your rewards for being the only one in the district to buy Linea & now have had enough from this TASC, it should compensate you for all days of being without car. Put money to everything - Oil cost, Diesel cost, your local travel cost by cab daily, mental agony you've had, 3M cost etc everything & ask them to compensate for it. Let them come running after you to resolve the entire episode to your satisfaction (and you don't compromise on your satisfaction this time). If you won't do it, they'll do it to you like that SA did. Attack with 10 things. Deal only with Tata-Fiat officials now.
  6. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Dear Bala,

I empathize on your situation. I don't want to use any derogatory words which could be against TFI posting guidelines, but I feel that there should be really a way to escalate this to FIAT management. Trust me they would not want something like this to be done by TASS. But I don't know the escalation chain. May be if someone can post it for Bala and for everyone then could be of great help.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    this time if the work is not done to your satisfaction lodge a complain in the consumer court as last measure. ask fiat to send their engineer to inspect and certify that the car is roadworthy and will not cause any problem
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Arun,even I empathise with myself!,I was just thinking that I would have been peacefull and I would not have had to run behind .A.S.S even if I had bought an EECO.I have lost all hopes with FIAT-TATA A.S.S.Yesterday I called the T.A.S.S and enquired if they have fixed all the problems,pat,came the reply,yes,but since they don't have the wheel arch-the mudgaurd above the tyre spare in stock and that they have another Linea that has arrived after an accident ,they will remove the wheel arch from that car and fix in my car!.This is the kind of unprofessional job going on in T.A.S.S and am done with it.Iam looking forward for the launch of Fiesta Hatch or even a Hyundai small car,to buy peace.
    I sicerely feel that FIAT has commited a huge mistake in making a great car and then giving it to the T.A.S.S for service.It's a crime,washing off hands off responsibility.
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    My goodness !! Where is accenture ? This is a case study in itself. And these are the words of someone who booked the Linea well before launch without even a TD, who is a Fiat loyal / enthusiast, who is the only one in his district to own Fiat Linea.

Study this, Accenture. You'll get lots of insights.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Bala, can you PM your email id to me? Thanks.