1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is social media apps (whatsapp/Facebook) a long term threat to TFI?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by mchanna, Dec 6, 2013.

1. I'll be honest and i'll say it!
    Im a part of such a group! But then again
    In my personal capacity make sure that nothing related to cars is discussed for long....any minor query is entertained but a query that could bring up a proper discussion is always pushed for the forum...and these members greatly comply.

IMHO, these social media platforms form network branches that conveniently merge into a CDP(Central Discussion Portal).

Since one's self respect is greatly affected when he is publically criticized so one feels to first ask his query on a closed personal loop. If his query is genuinely entertaining then he is always encouraged to go to the forum

So thats that...my opinions :)
    3 people like this.
  2. dnyanesh666

I would say otherwise. I started posting on the forum after having been added to the WhatsApp group.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Absolutely true Harsh!
    Anything related to cars has to be on the forum.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,Grow up.

Video games cannot equate real driving. :)

Forums are for a different genre or group of people who love to read ,write and share,definitely not for "bas apna kaam hona chahiye" types.

TFi is not endangered or in threat of extinction by any means unless if mods wants to shut it down.Oh yes unfortunately nothing much is happening from Fiat since last 3 years so it gets boring sometimes discussing same thing again everyday.

It is always better if people talk irrelevant and baseless topics through some other media .
    4 people like this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    People using the technology are a bigger threat than the technology itself. The day people realise WhatsApp groups are formed because of TFI and not vice-versa this problem will be solved. However going by our ever increasing need of getting information "instantaneously" I see slim chance of this problem getting solved.

Forget WhatsApp & Facebook : the frequency and volume with which members disobey the forum rules will tell you the level of seriousness members have about the forum. Half of them haven't even read them.

Those who don't bother keeping their own house clean always prefer spending time at someone else's house.
    6 people like this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

+100 to this statement, and very true for the current lifestyle we are all having, no time for oneself!