1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is seat cover really needed

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by brandnewpunter, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Yes. It is fabric and it can. You have to be careful in this regard.
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

you are not the only one :)

for the rain problem he normally avoids getting drenched with Rain and in case if seat got wet, he Immediately clean it by using hair dryer.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

just get a seat cover to avoid all the hassles of water seeping, kids spilling drink, dust etc etc. Its a small price to pay.

If you like to keep the seats as it is then regular cleaning would do. Just keep a vaccum cleaner handy and clean the fabric seats :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Have managed keep the OE fabric spic and span even after 2 years and 6 months. Even though my kid manages to make it dirty I've turtle wax fabric cleaner which cleans any stuff in a jiffy. More than that I get professional cleaning done once in 6 months to wade of all the dust, So in my opinion we don't need seat covers unless you're looking for original leather like Stanley etc.
    2 people like this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's upto you as, the OEM seats are good. If you cared well then there are no use of the seat covers. I haven't installed seat covers in my ride still they are good after 1 year of my drive. I am not using AC all the time. So I can able to find some dust on the rear seat as these are rarely used. I am doing a vaccum clean after 2 months & so. Also in rains you have to be very perticular for your seats as it is a fabric which can easily get wet.

If you find any good options for the best seat covers or if you are going to install leather seat covers then these can improve its look.

Installing seat covers are the must when you have kid. If yes then go for it otherwise enjoy the OEm seat covers & after one or two years go for good seat covers as per your budgets..... :)
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

I have a stain in the front passenger seat because of seepage and it looks ugly .. I havent done anything for it now as its not a priority but it does happen
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can never get the comfort you are getting on a fabric from rexin/art leather seat covers. Just try driving a car with art leather seat covers after driving fabric for atleast 1 month, you will get to know the value of it !!
    fabric hugs you so well, that you will not slip during hard enthusiastic driving/braking, etc. You wont sweat under any circumstances which is the main issue with art leather replicas, even with ac, during long drives, you ll feel uncomfortable due to this.
    try to drive with AC on all the time,if not, you can clean it with professionals once in a year, that l be more than enough. mine is 1.5 yrs old and never shampooed. But since i drive without ac nowadays, lot of dust is gathering, n i might give it for shampooing in a couple of months. During rains, never keep the windows open, seats will stink after that, adjust ac to keep mist off the windshield.
    2 people like this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Company fitted fabric seats are good for nothing no matter how professional it may be to clean the stains, rips or wear and tear the quality is not recoverable again, if the seats are torn and become dirty in color there is no option to remove it and wash it.. Also its the type of weather and surroundings that you live in for choosing the seat cover or not..