1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is seat cover really needed

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by brandnewpunter, Nov 12, 2012.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    As the title says is seat cover really needed?

I like the original look and If there won't be any damage to the seats if I am not using seat cover I would like to avoid opting for seat covers.

A wash now and then should handle dirt issues. Your comments please.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not really. It all depends on your requirement. Indian condition is generally very dusty and the dust easily gets settled in the fabric seats. If you maintain well, nothing to worry about.
  3. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    Or one can say if you always use AC and hardly open your car windows, you can still manage. But the only reason I got seat covers was because of rain. Considering the situation where you need to drive car entire wet. In this case, you OEM seat will absorb all water draining from your body and then it will be followed by Odour, fungus and what not.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Regardless of whether we open the windows or not, the dust always find its way into the cabin. Regular cleaning of seats alone will keep the interior better.
    1 person likes this.
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Rain issue that you are mentioning is serious. I will wait for more comments.
  6. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I prefer not to sue seat cover and my cousing already covered 1.5 lakh Km in his swift and 60k in punto without seat cover and no worries yet if you maintain the seats properly.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I think its not required.
    Only thing came to my mind when I put the cover is if the OE seat became dirty, by mistake by kids etc., you don't have much option. With cover, you can change. Otherwise the OE seat covers are normally rugged and its life is pretty long.
    1 person likes this.
  8. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Thats good to know. I thought I am the odd one considering this option.
    How is he handling rain problems? What happens when someone spills water or other liquids in the seat?

I guess we can clean the OE seat covers when it gets dirty and rip the covers (and fit a new cover) when they are dirty beyond cleaning.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think you will ever enter into situation of going beyond cleaning. There are many professional detailers available now. They can remove all sorts of stains from the seats.
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Can water seep through the OE seat covers?