1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is rear washer present in Punto MJD E Pack

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by skrish, Nov 23, 2010.

1. skrish

skrish

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    Is there a rear washer available in Punto Emotion Pack? My car is 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack.
    Rear washer/wiper is mentioned in the features list of the brochure and on the website.
    Page 53 of the Owners Manual describes its operation.

I do have the rear wiper but not a washer spray jet. During the 3000km service inspection at Concorde (Bangalore), I asked the service advisor about it and this is what he had to reply.
    SA: "It must be available only in the top-end model."
    Me: "This is a top-end variant. Brochure and Manual mention it."
    SA: "Then it must be for the upcoming model. Not in these."

With this I decided there is no point in pursuing further with him.
    :anyone I'll wait for your replies.

Cheers
    Krish
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Yes its present.. (check if washer fluid container is filled with water & you need the car ON)
    push the wiper stalk on the right side of the steering "front" (similar to high beam on left)
    If you pull the stalk the front windshield wiper washer activated. Push it & the rear works..

Once you push it forward, hold it there... you should hear a motor humming.. and in your 'rear view mirror' a stream of water flowing down from the left corner.. on the rear glass followed by the rear wiper auto movement.

If you hear a motor humming but no water then the pipe to the rear must be damaged mid-way.
    If you dont hear the motor as well its a technical issue then..

The washer JET is located on the rear high mounted stop lamp. (on the left side) You can see a small RED protrusion (like a small button)..

download/file.php?id=4119&mode=view << you can see it here!!

This is some funny stuff..!! :evilsmile
    upcoming models...?? ::D
    BTW which TASC was this?? and was the Adviser new there?
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    good explanation Chaos.
  4. skrish

skrish

Bangalore
    Thanks chaos.
    All the while, I thought that if at all there is a washer, it has to be that red protrusion. Duh, no brownie points though. ::D The operative word is PUSH. Somehow, I never paid enough attention though I read the manual every two months or so just to be in touch. I am not sure if I tried pushing the stalk. I vaguely remember pushing down once, though. I'll try the "push" stalk down to see if the rear washer works. Hope I don't stumble upon a defective washer mechanism. The TASC in question is Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. I'm not sure if the SA was new at that time (some time in May 2010 1st week, if I remember it right).
    Thanks again for a rapid response.

Cheers
    Krish
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi. Welcome to TFI. :car
    Please have a look here. I am sure you are having a disconnection of the pipe as discussed here:

(Fiat Linea/Punto Did You Know series..)- Page 13.
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24&start=120
  6. skrish

skrish

Bangalore
    @PaddleShifter, thanks.
    I am yet to try the push stalk operation and only then i can confirm if there is a pipe disconnection.
  7. skrish

skrish

Bangalore
    Yeah, the rear washer works on pushing the stalk.
    It was my inadequate attention to the manual that was the culprit.
    Feels good that it is working, obviously ruling out pipe disconnection.
    @Chaos thanks again.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh!! My apologies then. I just read the first post and jumped to the reply as I was in a bit of a hurry.
  9. Thought of uploading some pictures of the rear windshield washer :)

[attachment=1:1t2uq1mu]Fiat Grande Punto_Rear Windshiel Nozzle_1_Amith ES.jpg[/attachment:1t2uq1mu]

[attachment=0:1t2uq1mu]Fiat Grande Punto_Rear Windshiel Nozzle_Amith ES.jpg[/attachment:1t2uq1mu]

Fiat Grande Punto_Rear Windshiel Nozzle_1_Amith ES.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto_Rear Windshiel Nozzle_Amith ES.jpg
  10. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    After almost three years of ownership, today only i found that Punto 90 HP have an rear washer option in the wiper.....

Still surprised to know more new features that are not known yet....