1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is Mohandas Fiat trivandrum shutting down?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by dileep, Feb 17, 2016.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    They accept bookings for repair and service and do the work too. However, there is no effort to satisfy the customer. They just want to hold it open till the closure is announced.

I have been there on Mar 4 for wheel alignment and balancing. And they did not do it do well, the car pulls slightly to right. I could not make out this in the short TD after I took back the car. And when the problem was reported to them, they said they would fix it, but I need to pay (for their mistake). Earlier, they would fix it until the issue is actually resolved.
  2. Navaneeth

Navaneeth Timido

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right limraj, I went there today for fixing some beading issue and they did that. I checked with them and they were telling those are not confirmed news, still could find the response from their body language. I sent a mail to FIAT and they responded like
    "
    Fiat network team is in process of opening new exclusive dealerships in your mentioned area as well all over India.
    It will take short time to get the new dealerships. If it get open we will inform you by Mass media."
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Navaneet,Limraj,

Did they tell how long they are going to keep it open, my first 6 month service is due in May, I am thinking whether I should get it done now itself in case they are going to shut shop soon?
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @dileep : you do not need to worry about servicing your car now.
    Given the news/rumour spread in Feb this year and things do not move fast at Fiat, it could take anywhere from 6 months.
    That is, they should remain open at least till August. And by the time they close, the other FIAT dealer would have become operational.
    Murphy_Fiat and dileep like this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Have been to Mohandas Fiat today, for fixing the alignment issue in the car.
    The friendly service advisor was away for some time due to training. I asked him how could he attend training if Mohandas Fiat is closing? He said it was previously planned one and no new trainings are being given to Mohandas Fiat employees. He went for some training on Abarth.
    He also mentioned that Mohandas fiat's management is allotting lesser money for spare parts and they purposefully service less number of cars. The area which used to be full of cars are almost empty. The workshop slots for alignment, other lifts etc, are easily available for the cars.
    He also mentioned that Mohandas is taking Maruti dealership and not Nexa. And by June, it will become Maruti (though there is no official word).
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. tijojose

tijojose Timido

Hyderabad
    What is the best place to get servicing done on my Fiat Punto till we have a service center in Trivandrum? I suspect suspension issues with my Punto.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I received a message from Hyson that they will do the service of FIAT cars in Trivandrum, presumably till a dealer opens, through Saj Motors on the NH bypass road, near Technopark main entrance.
    I have checked with Saj Motors owner and he confirmed that a lift and 2 bays would be rerserved for FIAT cars.
    All works will be done at Saj Motors, as Hyson will provide the parts to Saj.
    The warranty work will be done through Hyson, this could take some more time than usual, as Hyson officials will be visiting once in 2 weeks to Saj. I will try to attach the message's photo through tapatalk.
    Hope this helps.
    pabhishek, prabhjot, tijojose and 2 others like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you so Much for this information bro.
    limraj likes this.
  9. tijojose

tijojose Timido

Hyderabad
    Thank you for the update, limraj
  10. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I got a call from Hyson today to inform that they are conducting one more service camp at Saj motors on August 11 & 12.
    Trivandrum teamFiatians, please make use of it.
    Kumar G M, Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.